Notre Dame Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$640
$595
  • Breakfast included
Dan Jerusalem Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$220
$190
  • Breakfast included
National Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$115
$272
$259
Atlas.co.il
  • Breakfast included
The Sephardic House(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$190
$177
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeautiful chapelshroud of turinrooftop restaurantold citygreat locationchristian quarterwine barholy sepulchretop floorplace to stayfirst floordining roomrooms are nicevisiting jerusalemeasy accessthe hotel offersbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2014

In January we went to Israel on a Holy Land Tour. The weather is cool in January, but not as bad as a lot of cities I could name. In Jerusalem we stayed in the Notre Dame Guest House. The name doesn't do it justice, it is like a 4 star hotel, but the price is lower budget. There must be several hundred rooms, 2 inside dinning areas, a Pizza shop with an outside entrance and a Wind & Cheese bar on the buildings rooftop. In addition, there are meeting rooms, a chapel, gift shops, etc.
The facility is exceedingly clean - and that counts in a country of dust and heat. It's not a resort hotel, but if you are there to see the historical and biblical sites, then it is an excellent choice. Its just across from the New Gate into the old city center, there is a tram stop at the New Gate, and the best indoor mall in the area is a block away. Can't say enough good things about the meals we had in the buffet line cafeteria. Wholesome food with a good variety of choice for breakfast and dinner. Didn't eat any lunches there so can't vouch for that. I will be back again I assure you.

Room Tip: The elevator lobbies on the upper floors have a sitting area which can attract a crowd in the evening, so you may want to be 3-4 doors away from the elevator lobbies. Must go to the Rooftop for wine and cheese, or just for the view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sojourner-Texas_USA
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Would love to give this hotel a better rating. It is new and is close to the old city. Here are some GOOD points: Nice bar on 4th floor with good prices and great views of the city, both from inside and outside. A very nice gift shop with really good prices and selection. The beds were very comfortable. BAD POINTS: These revolve around the design of the rooms and the dining area. Our room was SMALL, and had no tv, which was a minor irritant as we pretty much crashed every evening anyway. The design of the bathroom could not have been worse. The LARGE oval sink took up all the space allocated and there was NO room to put any toiletries. The shower was the worst arrangement I have seen -- two heads, one so high I had to stand on my tip toes to tilt the head away from me to preclude being deluged with cold water as I turned on the very confusing water handles. One of our group took two days of cold showers till someone told her how to get hot water. Shower doors were full length and one opened only a short way until it hit the toilet. Seal leaked water at the bottom every time I used it. The dining area was a buffett and very narrow lines. So, folks going through the line had to fight with folks, who having eaten, were leaving the facility -- only one way in and out. Food was very good however with good variety and presentation. Staff in the dining room appeared very unhappy in the morning and different staff in the evening were as gracious and accommodating as they could be. Desk staff very helpful in getting a Doctor to see wife when she had a problem. Arranging transportation to the airport was a different matter, however. We were to leave early Sunday Morning for our flight home and I was told to make res two days in advance. Tried to do so Fri evening and was told to do so Sat morning. Price was to be3 $80 for two people.Did so Sat morning and was told the company was closed Sat till 7:00 pm due to Sabbat. Clerk took info. I checked back Sat evening and was told the res had been made. Sunday found out when the van arrived that the res had been made for pm not am. And, I had to pay the hotel, not the van, all of which put us behind. Cost was $44 not $80. All in all, a good screwup. Throw in that the hotel had missed a wake up call for a Priest who missed his 5:45 van and was getting into ours, which was now overbooked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. We did not have one, but others in our group did.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Remembering my room was booked in a guest house and not a "Hotel" I was very pleased with services provided. The room was clean, bed comfy, no it did not have a TV but I would have never turned it on anyway. Housekeeping staff were friendly, resturant staff were very friendly, the front desk staff could pick up a few pointers on smiling from the others. Breakfast meal was included, had a good variety of foods, coffee was good, never felt rushed to leave. Free internet in the Lobby was a nice plus. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am in Jerusalem on a trip with a close friend. We decided that we wanted a small hotel centrally located, so we found the Notre Dame Guest House and so it is. Nothing special at all.
We came with a car fro Haifa where I live - the parking was nearly no parking and getting in the hotel area with the car and out was a catastrophe impossible because of the traffic at all times of the day. The service was not good as for our room we had found curly hair on my bed the first night!!! I will never come back here even if I were paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Notre Dame M, Manager at Notre Dame Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback,.

I was concerned to read about the room that was not clean and I have inspected the room to ascertain the issues that you have mentioned .I have informed our housekeeping manger about the incident in order to follow up.

I have also taken note and brought your comment regarding our parking space to the attention of the Management .

I hope that you will consider staying with us during your next stay in Jerusalem in order to welcoming you back to the Notre Dame of Jerusalem, and to retain your trust in us.

Luai Jaouni
F.O Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The guesthouse is in a perfect spot! Across from the New Gate to the Old City! It is a short walk to Ben Yehuda street, filled with shops and restaurants, and it is next to Jaffa Road filled with nice cafes! The restaurant on the ND rooftop is not robe missed! Where can you sit have a wonderful wine and cheese plate and ponder the view of the Old City! The food at dinner was very good! Breakfast is included in your accommodation fee, and it is served in their dining room and it is delicious buffet! The rooms are clean- no TV, but it actually was lovely without it for a few days. The chapel is always open...I felt drawn to it! Wonderful guesthouse....the Christmas Eve celebration was beautiful.....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple