“Perfect!”

Notre Dame Guest House
Ranked #17 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We rented a room for three poeple in the beginning of May for 3 nights and what a great choice. The location was great, so close to one of the entrances into the Old City; and about 8 min walk to some good dinning spots. The hotel is large and nicely decorated. The people at the front desk were so friendly and added to the great atmosphere of the place and were very helpful in sugesting dinner spots as well taking care of some of our needs while we were there. The rooms were clean and pretty spacious with nicely done bathrooms. We were sharing, and the third bed was a very small pull out couch which was awful to sleep on, but I complained and for the next night slept on a mattress they put on the floor which was much more agreeable. I would suggest staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Orca1Toronto

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Notre Dame Center is a Catholic pilgrimage center, so don't come looking for a typical 4-star hotel. Don't get me wrong: it's gorgeous, convenient, and wonderful in every way. But you will definitely get more out of this center if you come with even a modicum of religious intent. No, there are no televisions in the rooms. But that meant my son went and watched soccer matches with a lively group of South American pilgrims downstairs. There's no in-room coffeemaker, but there's a chapel on the premises. And the sacrament of reconciliation upon request. The location couldn't be more convenient: directly across from the New Gate, coming and going into the Old City is a breeze. But it's also very close to Mamilla mall and Jaffa street for those seeking restaurants and shopping.
Our room was clean, functional, and extremely pleasant. Comfortable beds, sufficient storage, and a lovely, compact bathroom. The lobby area is a perfect spot to relax and read a newspaper, and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and filling. I can't imagine we'd ever stay anywhere else when we return to Jerusalem.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank PouletteParis
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We enjoyed our stay as this was our pilgrimage to the Holy Land at Christmas to experience the birthday celebrations of our Lord Jesus Christ. In many ways we are like the biblical visitors from the East as we brought gifts both for the Magdala Centre and also for the orphans in the Holy Family Hospital in Bethlehem. The lounge was cheerful and joyous with many visiting Pilgrim groups. The rooms were comfortable and warm. We had a window view overlooking the courtyard of the hotel. Father Eammon Kelly took us on a conducted tour of the Shroud of Turin and the man behind the image on the cloth. It was wonderful each morning to attend the 6AM Mass at the tomb of Jesus that is very close to the hotel, On Christmas eve we attended Mass in the tomb of Jesus. The centre is a convenient distance from the Lithostrotos. The highpoint was to attend Mass in the JPII auditorium. Our group performed a song from Singapore and also Praise Her with a Flower.

Room Tip: Be a Pilgrim and don't be too demanding.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank GabrielOon
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here as part of a pilgrimage in June 2011 and absolutely loved it. The hotel was beautiful and we still had a nice view from our room even though it was partially obscured. We didn't have any problems with our room so I'm assuming we had one of the renovated ones. The hotel is within walking distance to the Old City, it has a beautiful chapel, and an excellent breakfast. We had the opportunity to see the view from the roof as well as visit the Shroud of Turin exhibit, both worth it if you get the chance. We liked that there was internet downstairs so we could E-mail back home and was able to purchase a calling card so we could use the pay phones. If we ever get the opportunity to go back I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TiffC99
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The breakfast and Shabath dinner were excellent. No compliant on the food and environment. The bell service gentleman was nice. But I really get disappointed by the service of the front desk. The front was kind of unwilling to keep my suitcase until 5pm after check-out. And they charged 70NIS price for shared taxi (per head) to the airport which I finally called another driver which charge 50NIS only.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KeungChan
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I am clicking "Average" but this is more a plea for help, not a review. I actually posted this to the forums, then I had the idea to post it as a review here and hope the management would see and respond (and maybe help somebody else):

I checked out the reviews and decided to go to the web page at notredamecenter.org/articulos/articulo.phtml… to find out more.

I looked at their tour pages (under planning your pilgrimage) and am interested in the "Holy Land in Five Days and Four Nights " and then staying a couple more days at the Guest House (to get a day tour of Masada and the Dead Sea, and meet some old high school friends, then going to Tel Aviv for a night or two.

Here is my problem: I have had no success getting a response from the emails on the web page or from the contact form submission. I am coming up on two months out (early June), so I want to finalize my plans.

Is there anybody that knows if they still put these tours together?

I am very much interested in doing this Catholic tour and also I know that my wife would love it if we could renew our vows as part of the tour (like it says on the web page; "Then we will visit the house of the Holy Family under the Church of St. Joseph, and drive to Cana of Galilee to visit the church of the wedding where Jesus performed the first of his signs, changing water to wine. Here couples can renew their wedding vows.") We are coming up on our 25th anniversary, and, though I have not told her about this part of the tour in case I can't make it happen, I know she would love that. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks a bunch

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd715
NotreDameCenter, Public Relations Manager at Notre Dame Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for a delay in our reply. If you are still interested in organizing your trip to Holy Land, please contact us directly via e-mail to the following address: emarketing@notredamecenter.org . We will be happy to assist you.

The Management

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Lovely hotel and location from the outside. Our room was threadbare which I could deal with, but it wasn't clean. The 2nd bed had hair on the pillowcase. And you couldn't have more than a 5 minute shower or it overflowed. They may be refurbishing rooms since some of our group said their room was nice - but my roommate and I had a dirty room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank 57Anonymous57
NotreDameCenter, Public Relations Manager at Notre Dame Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

The only thing we can say is that we are sorry. For the last year and a half we are renovating our Guest House. We have opened a new restaurant on the highest floor with a fantastic view of the city, and we have renovated Cafeteria on the ground floor. From total 146 rooms, 100 are already refurnished. The bathrooms are renovated as well and equipped with a glass door cabins and deep pools. There is no risk of flooding . It seems you were among the guests not lucky enough to be accommodated in one of the new rooms. We are sorry for that. Please note, we are planning to complete the works by September 2012. We will be glad to host you again in Notre Dame Center.