“Good hotel”
Review of Montefiore Hotel

Montefiore Hotel
Ranked #25 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Good hotel with the perfect location for exploring Jerusalem on foot. It's not near Old City, but considering that it's not very expensive, it can be a very good choice. We had a nice breakfast at the hotel. Room was okay - the regular Israeli sized one. It was clean and the service was friendly. The receptionist explained everything we asked.
The hotel is on the side street, so it's not noisy there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IgorZet
There are newer reviews for Montefiore Hotel

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Dont be fooled by the pictures. The lobby looks great but thats where it ends. Dirty walls, dirty carpet etc.
It feels like a hostel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kiez99
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I chose to stay at the Montefiore based on reviews that I read from other people who stayed there. I am so glad that I ended up staying at this great hotel! My rooms was comfortable, and what an added bonus that the room also had a safe and a refrigerator. (Having a place to keep cold water, cheese, and any other food was a huge help.) The hotel has computers that you can use, free of charge in the lobby, which was a feature I definitely used. They also offer free wi-fi in individuals rooms, which you cannot find everywhere. Daily complimentary breakfast was lovely and offered plenty of variety. The shower was amazing...strong! The staff at the Montefiore went over and beyond what I could have ever expected. They took such excellent care of me, making sure, even at their own expense in one case, that all of my needs were met during my time in Israel. And, if I needed something like a new charger, etc, they knew how to direct me to get what I needed.
My favorite part of this hotel, however, it the location. I could not IMAGINE a better location than this one! It is located on a pedestrian mall, across from an amazing restaurant. (Plus a restaurant adjacent.) On Fridays, there is a market on this street. The hotel is in close walking distance to Mahande Yehudah, theater, the high-end Mamilla shopping mall, the Old City (Western Wall), Ben Yehuda Street, etc.
The area was clean, safe, and felt truly comfortable.
I even cancelled two days from my Tel Aviv stay to go back to the Montefiore! If I were to ever return to Jerusalem, there is not a single doubt that I would stay there again.
My only advice if you choose to stay:
1. Do not stay in a room by the elevator. You can hear the motor running.
2. If concierge calls you a taxi, tell the taxi driver to use the meter.
3. By a street map of Jerusalem and stick to using your own.

I hope that this review was helpful. I felt that I should return the favor of writing a review because, first, the hotel deserves it. And, other people's reviews helped me, so I am passing it on.
-Emily, NY, NY

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the middle to end of hallway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank aemilou
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The rooms at the front of the hotel are lighter and overlook a small street with a cafe, the higher up the rooms are brighter,beds very comfortable the safe is big enough to hold a small laptop which is very useful.
My TV didn't work but someone came up within 5 mins to fix it. There are kettles in the room with tea and coffee and a fridge. the breakfast is a simple dairy kosher meal. adequate but not a lot of variety, What was there was fresh and well prepared. I lest a bottle of medicine behind and they called me to tell me. In all a pleasant experience in a downtown location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank rsilver51
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Nice place...centrally located to the old city, center city, and everything else...
Helpful,friendly staff...interior is a little dated although they were working on painting when we were there!
Overall we enjoyed our experience and the free wi-fi was helpful!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Satya73
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel was quiet and there was a convenience store and wine shop just across the street (which was closed to traffic). Laptops were provided free to use in the hotel lobby, but there were few other amenities. It was supposedly a ten-minute walk to Old Jerusalem, but I couldn't walk it that quickly. Pickups by tour companies were problematic because there was nowhere for them to park since the hotel was located on a pedestrian-only street. The breakfast buffet was minimal with little variety; I was really tired of eating the same things after five days. Staff was friendly and helpful, however. Buses ran on the street close to the hotel, so we took buses several times (just not a convenient line to Old Jerusalem),

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2littletime2seeitall
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel was a lovely respite in Jerusalem. The staff were very warm and helpful. The breakfast was great. We loved the location, which is walking distance to just about anywhere. They also have an off site parking place that was very reasonable for storing our car.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank shrink_10
Hotel_Manager00, Manager at Montefiore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Dear Shrink_10,
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding our Hotel.
We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature.
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Montefiore Hotel a leader in excellence.
Once again dear Shrink_10, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.
Thank you for choosing Ayala Hotels.

Yours sincerely,