“Good value for Jerusalem but noisy”
Review of Gloria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Gloria Hotel
Ranked #36 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Jerusalem's hotel are expensive and Gloria offers good value.

As mentioned in other reviews, its location is great, and rooms are good sized and clean (although they do not change the sheets everyday which is typical of Israeli hotels) albeit quite basic. The staff are friendly and service good. Breakfast though was a little disappointing, though not an issue for me.

The hotel is however quite noisy with many guests slamming their doors and the noise reverberating throughout the whole building. So if you are a light sleeper, take note.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed May 1, 2009

This hotel is in an excellent location just inside the Jaffa Gate. I felt safe in the area and it was convenient to shopping and sites within and outside the old city walls. Excellent value.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

My wife and I found our stay at the Gloria Hotel a pleasant and friendly addition to our trip to Israel and especially our tour of the holy city of Jerusalem. It's location inside the walls of the Old City made access to the sites so easy. Our accommodations were much better than we had expected and the staff were so helpful and friendly. I cannot imagine what our stay would have been like to stay outside the old city and need to cab into the area for the special sites.
The staff, the accommodations and the food were all wonderful and we would highly recommend this location to anyone wishing to travel to Jerusalem.
Thanks for a wonderful stay !!!
Larry and Sherry Williams
Cokesbury United Methodist Church
Knoxville, Tennessee

Reviewed April 25, 2009

The Gloria is in a perfect location in the Old City. We stayed at the annex across the street from the main hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff were wonderfully courteous. The food was delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

We spent two weeks studying and touring the history and geography of the Holy Land and stayed at the Gloria as our base location. The staff were all extreamly helpful, courteous and friendly. The food was outstanding and the location just inside the Jaffa Gate in the Old City was the most convient place I could have imagined for experiencing the culture and history of Jerusalem. The hotel facilities were clean, comfortable and had an old world charm. I look forward to returning to Jerusalem and will certainly make the Gloria my priority choice for lodging.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

The staff was excellent. I was with a large tour group, and everything was handled extremely well. The food and food service were quite good, and was a large selection of food choices. The room was clean and acceptable, but not fancy. I highly recommend the Gloria Hotel if going to the Old City and the area. It is located right inside the Jaffa Gate, so you're within easy walking distance many, many significant sites and Old City shops. The hotel had high-speed, wireless internet in a large lobby/lounge area. It also had two or three comfortable lounge/meeting rooms at the lobby level where our tour group occasionally met. What I liked best was the location. What I liked the least is that the tour bus could not stop right at the hotel, but stopped at the bottom of a hill; however, the staff transported the large suitcases up to the hotel or down to the bus via a van when the group arrived or moved. The elevator was small, also, so I just used the stairs every day. Nonetheless, due to the hotel's excellent location, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I go back to Jerusalem.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We were with a goup of 40 connected with Jerusalem University College completing a geography study of the region. The hotel and staff met our needs perfectly. The location was close to the college. The staff went beyond the call of duty to meet ours needs such as early departutes some mornings and storing luggage for us when we went to Jordan for three days. They brought our luggage from the vans and loaded them for departure. The entire staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple