“Value for money hotel, great location”
Review of Gloria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Gloria Hotel
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and I recently stopped in the Gloria Hotel (17th December - 19th; 20th - 23rd December) for five nights in total. The tour company Tangey Tours initially recommended the Knights Palace Hotel in Jerusalem. After contacting the Knights Palace they promptly informed us that whilst the hotel was full for our dates, they were pleased to recommend the Gloria Hotel.

Prior to arriving I sent countless emails to the Gloria Hotel. They responded in a quick, efficient yet friendly manner (even allaying fears in terms of safety concerns with travelling to Israel). Shortly before my trip, my partner and I decided to go to Masada for a day. I contacted the hotel and there was no problem in cancelling one of the nights.

The hotel was incredibly easy to get to - literally a 60 second walk from Jaffa Gate (where the bus dropped us off - next to King David's Tower). The main selling point about this hotel is the location. Literally a 5 minute walk away from the Holy Sepulcure and obviously in turn not far from the other main sites in the Old City. There's also plenty of good restaurants nearby.

The welcome we received was encouraging, particularly from the manager. The hotel were pleased to store our bags for the day that we went to Masada, and were pleased to provide support with any questions. A female receptionist was slightly curt, but this is something that we experienced throughout Jerusalem.

Rooms were modern, clean, and air conditioned. Not top of the range but certainly value for money for the price that we paid. The breakfast was by no means amazing by American standards but was good for the region... No complaints there at all. If you stop at this hotel make sure you head up to the top of the hotel to see some good views of the city when relaxing at night.

All in all a great trip - many thanks to the Gloria Hotel for helping to give us a trip of a life time. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavidandEmmaP

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I just spent five nights at the Gloria, in late December, 2012. The staff was great, the breakfast fine, and the location extraordinary. I got room 301 for the great views, although it's not as modern as the remodeled rooms on floor 1. I do not think there is a nicer hotel within the Old City, which is one of the world's great places for safely exploring on foot. I also took advantage of the free parking lot next to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The gloria hotel should be kept a secret because its location, deep within the metre thick walls of the holy city, give is a movie set feel. With developments around the City's Jaffa Gate the hotel is even more accessible and there are so many things to see within walking distance it's hard to know where to start.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank robmarshall33
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights on our trip to the Holy Land. Great location in the Christian Quarter just inside the Jaffa Gate. Restaurant handy for breakfast, food is typical middle eastern cuisine. Room was clean as was bathroom. Lovely views from the rooftop terrace. Walking distance to all the Old City sights. Jacob's Pizza is three doors away and was a welcome change from falafel and shwarma. Beautiful courtyard is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine or beer. There is a nearby upscale shopping area outside the city walls. Two ATMs are located within a block as is a Tourist Information office. Bus stop also nearby if you want to catch a tour or travel into the new city. A small van or car can access the hotel but not a tour bus.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just within old city near Jaffa Gate so all the atmosphere plus near tourist office but quiet. Easy then to go out of Old City too.
Very comfortable modern room ,very clean and excellent breakfast.
Best of all friendly cheerful and helpful staff wanting you to enjoy yourself in Jerusalem and to feel pleased staying with them.
Not oldy-worldly rooms or hotel but that depends what you want.I like that too but the quality of everything else trumped that easily.See my review of the awful Austrian Hospice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank laurence s
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour, location is excellent, but you cannot get a car to it ... Our luggage was loaded from the coach into their van and we walked in from Jaffa Gate. So easy to walk from there to other parts of the old City. Hotel appears to be Christian-run, and staff are friendly and helpful. The place has great atmosphere and charm. There is a cosy bar, but service is not terribly good and the bar staff disappear for long stretches. Decent breakfast and dinner, and there is a charming and friendly Italian restaurant and bar right opposite. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Some of our group were on 3rd floor and complained about the rooms being a bit shabby. Those on the...