Gloria Hotel
$270
$242
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Eldan Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$288
Hotwire.com
Notre Dame Guest House(Jerusalem)
$315
$684
$640
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschristian quarterjaffa gateold cityuniversity collegethe main hotelwithin the wallsholy sepulchreexcellent locationbreakfast and dinnerthe ground floorwestern wallshort walkdining roomspent four nightswithin walking distancelaundry servicerooms are clean
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The guide book described this as a 'hidden gem' and that is a good word for it. Located just inside the Jaffa gate of the Old city and up a side street on the left, this is a great location for exploring Jerusalem. Like all premises in this area (and most of the Old City from what I could see) it was staffed by local israeli arabs and stocked 'Taybeh' beer - the only beer made in Palestine! I asked to see the room in advance as I was staying for a full 7 nights and wanted to be sure I was happy with it. I was shown a nice room and I said fine I'll take it. Then they said oh no that was a double room, we will show you a single room for 1 person (I was travelling solo) and I got a sinking feeling but they showed me to an even nicer room with a massive king sized bed, view of the Old City, ample wardrobe space, a proper writing desk and chair and a nice clean bathroom. I said ok fine I'll take this one then! There were only 2 things I didn't like about this hotel - the breakfast was mediocre and there was no way to lock the inside of your hotel room door. The door locked when you closed it but usually in a hotel there is a 2nd independent lock on the inside that you can turn, this hotel didn't have that so anyone with a key could have let themselves in. As a solo female traveller this was important to me so I pulled the wooden chest in the room across the door every night until I left the next morning. Perhaps I'm a little paranoid! It did however stop the over-enthusiastic cleaning ladies from letting themselves into my room after I failed to respond to their first knock early the 1st morning! From then on I made sure to put up the 'don't clean my room sign' and I didn't have this problem again. There seemed to be a mixture of people staying here, some large groups of christian pilgrims. The room price is negotiable depending on how many nights you are staying, they initially said to me 440 shekels per night and when I asked for a discount for staying for 7 nights they dropped it to 400 shekels a night. There is Wifi which worked perfectly. The only other thing was that the air conditioning in the room can be turned on and off remotely by reception and a few times they turned mine off without my consent, I had to ring them up and get them to turn it back on. Usually a phone call solved this except for 1 instance where they claimed it was broken and I would have to wait for a repair man to come. When I returned that evening it was working again. I think they just did this becasue I used the air conditioning alot and it was costing them too much money! Overall I would recommend this hotel as a clean, safe and middle upmarket place inside the Old City, which is a rarity inside the Old City Walls.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you commit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gracebabes
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Definitely the best hotel to stay in Jerusalem. I have returned back here as a leader of a group of 23 people after a previous good experience three years ago, and found it even better then before, because they are in process of renewing all the rooms. It is located in the Latin Patriarchate Street, a step away from Jaffa Gate, inside the Old City Wall, everything is accessible from this hotel. The location could’be better then this for visiting the Old City of Jerusalem. The lobby is beautiful and its old fashion style is charming and atmospheric. From the terrace you can admire an astonishing view of the city. The food is excellent and the overall service is very good. The staff is friendly and helpful and take care of you. I booked it some months in advance and made several changes to the booking, from time to time, to accommodate the needs of my group, the Management always replied to my requests in real time and always my requests were fully satisfied without any problem. They are highly professional. Should I return back to Jerusalem surely I will select it again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank lucio56
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very nice and typical hotel situated just inside the old city in the Christian district at the Jaffa gate.
It is very well situated to visit the old city by foot. Additionnaly it has a private parking which is exceptional and allow to park even quite big cars with some caution during maneuvers.

Internal Architecture is very nice and rooms are correct as wll as prices. Very close to the beautifful and new mamounia commercial center very animated at night.
Personnal is friendly (except cleaning personal that yell in Arabic in the corridors and knocked at all doors at 7 am!)
Otherwise the hotel is very calm with only the hearing of bells and muezzin which is marvellous.
Terrace has a superb view on th city particularly at night.
Only bad point, the breakfast is not at all at the level of the hotel so it would really be preferable to take it elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Swson2
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel is well positioned within the old city (christian quarter) and is undergoing a renovation. Rooms are therefore quite in a good shape with a standard type of equipment.
Breakfast and kitchen in general should improve as it is still a bit basic.

The lobby and bar have a nice old style feeling.
The staff is helpful (although sometimes a bit stiff) and always trying to sort issues whenever you have any.

Overall, it was great to be within the old city and have everything from within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ulysse5London
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have handicap mobility problems but there were no problems as the entrance to the hotel is at street level with no steps and the elevators took us to our room. The room has been updated and was very modern with everything we needed. The WiFi worked well in the room. The continental breakfast was well prepared and adequate. The staff was friendly and helped us find qualified taxi drivers to take us to the Jordan river and Bethlehem. The hotel is located in the old city just inside the Jaffa gate. Everything is located nearby within walking distance or a short taxi ride away using the taxis located at the Jaffa gate. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: e-mail the hotel with your needs and they will actually read the e-mail and try to find a room which meets your needs. Very caring people.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family