“Enjoyable”

Ranked #93 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
A TripAdvisor Member
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed April 21, 2006

We spent 5 days at the Pearl in April 2006. Definitely not a 5 star hotel but more like a Day's Inn in US. Remember this is a Kosher hotel so the food choices let me lose some weight. Very accessible to Jaffa gate and a short walk (5 blocks)downtown. Cleaning staff not very responsive but dining room staff and front desk were ok.

Stayed April 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2006

very enjoyable stay, clean rooms refurbished, close to new and old city.
very nice indoor pool and spa

6 Thank dafne2011

Travelers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

New York
Reviewed February 21, 2006

This hotel is in a great location. That is about all it has going for it. The place is just worn down and needs to be renovated. Our linens were not clean, they did not replace the tissues in the bathroom, furniture in the rooms all scratches. The breakfast was not good. Paid $40 per person for shabbat lunch...worth about $10. Front desk employees not very helpfull. Our keys were deactivated at one point during our stay. The pool area needs to be cleaned as well. Other hotels in the area are much better.

• Stayed February 2006
7 Thank jctuesday
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2006

great location! beautiful place for an affair. rooftop overlooks the old city of Jerusalem. walk to center of town. very reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed December 11, 2005

I chose to stay at the Jerusalem Pearl (was called the Dan Pearl before they broke off from the Dan group of hotels) on the last 2 days of my stay in Jerusalem as it is a stone's throw from the Jaffa gate and one can run into the old city at whim. But my days there were Fri and Sat. It is also Sabbat at the hotel. For Sabbat all jewish hotels and stores and people just close and disappear. The hotel was occupied mostly by Jews wishing to do Sabbat at the wailing wall. When I asked for dinner I was told to walk 700 meters to an Arab place and get it. Walked part of the way, it was too lonely and dark so I returned to the hotel. I looked through the window of the hotel and saw all the jewish people (men women and children) having a feast and singing and dancing and when I insisted on getting something at the hotel, they offerred me a greek salad or tuna salad. I did not like either choice, so I went to bed without any dinner. Could not understand why the others were partying while I could not even get a slice of bread. Anyway, the hotel itself caters mostly to jewish people and one feels out of place if one is not a Jewish person. Place was a little smelly, towels threadbare, rooms were okay (shaped weirdly) and you look out into the street since there are no high floors. One gets nervous also because of the presence of armed guards at the door and soilders running around since it is so close to the Jaffa gate. The Dan Panorama was 10 times better than this for a slightly higher price! Please read my review of the Dan Panorama before you make your bookings at the Jerusalem Pearl

• Stayed December 2005
10 Thank Widdington
new york
Reviewed October 26, 2005

We stayed in the hotel this Jewish New Year Holliday 2005. Upon arrival security did not let me leave the bags at the entrance and directed me to parking garage refused to call for assistance where I was forced to carry my bags.

2. We ordered room service Tuna platter which arrived rancid spoiled vegetables.

3. when we complained we were told so we wont charge you.

4.We ordered our dinner to arrive room service it did:

4.1 no table cloth, no teaspoon, no second fork, no pickles.

4.2 soup and main dish cold, fish appetizer still raw.

4.3This is after the duty manager /MUSSA promised he would personally make sure that everything will be OK after the spoiled vegetables fiasco.

4.4 Upon trying to contact room service RAJA the operator told me she could not put me through and I would have to go down there.

5.0 They sent a complimentary fruit tray an apology offer which contained spoiled fruit.

6.0 In general the food was bad cut vegetables days old , stuffed chicken which was hard dry, hard rolls.

6.1 I asked a waiter for coffee at breakfast he told me to go to the lobby to get it.

• Stayed October 2005
14 Thank validcritique
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2005

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. This is a first class hotel with every amenity. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is directly facing walls of the Old City, opposite Jaffa Gate - couldn't be more central. There is a large basement swimming pool and wonderful restaurant. Rooms of a good size and extremely well furnished. Not too expensive.
I would have to say that this hotel must have the best location for visits to Old City. Also very convenient for New City.

• Stayed February 2005