“Best falafel I've tasted”
Review of Moshiko Falafel

Moshiko Falafel
Ranked #30 of 727 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Warsaw, Poland
“Best falafel I've tasted”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Fantastic falafel! Always fresh (this lafa bread is amazing!), tasty and quickly made, best with cold beer. I miss it!

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
“Usually great shwarma but make sure to ask for a fresh cut”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I have usually had great experiences here but thus past time I was disappointed with the taste and noticed that I got the scrapings that were lying around from other cuts. Make sure you ask for freshly sliced shwarma and you shouldn't be dissapointed.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a must stop for fast food in Jerusalem”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Strolling on Ben Yehuda street is always a treat, and if you're hungry and want some of the tastiest, affordable food in Jerusalem, head to Moshiko's. I did so twice during my visit from July 10-15, 2013, once for falafel, another for schwarma. Hint: I preferred the falafel on laffa bread, the thick, large, chewy bread that is almost a meal in itself. You must have an outsized hunger to choose this. I did, and I was fully satisfied. For schwerma, I find the laffa doesn't work as well as the pita option. You get the full flavor of the meat with the pita, and in all honesty, you get about the same amount of meat and sides stuffed into it as in the laffa.

Caution: Mishiko's is open Saturday nights post-Shabbat, but they don't fire up the machine till sundown. This means that the food is not ready during mid-summer till after 9pm.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped by with my family after a four hour jeep tour. The place was packed but, the guy was able to deal with my daughters picky orders with ease. He got there food out in less than a minute, while I waited to pay. He did keep an ear out that I did pay for the food and drinks. We will be back!

Visited July 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Great shwarma and falafel - quintessential Israeli fast food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The shwarma here is very tasty (and glatt kosher), though a bit pricy for fast food. I got the laffa, making it a wrap. Plenty of meat and, equally important, all the fresh and pickled veggies. We didn't get the fries - no need, since a laffa wrap alone is a meal.

Enjoy your food at the covered tables across from the counter, if you can find a seat, and people-watch on Ben Yehuda Street.

• Visited July 2013