“Start Here!”

Ranked #15 of 310 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in the restored ancient Citadel, this museum traces the long and turbulent history of Jerusalem using audiovisual presentations, models, maps, holograms and videos.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my first stop at the Old City, and it really gave me and my traveling companions the lay of the land. I could see where things were, and especially in relation to one another. The spectacular views are also a plus!

There are newer reviews for Tower of David Museum

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This fortress was used by all civilizations from the time of the Jewish kingdom to the moslems. I like to start my visit in the Old City here and go to the highest point for an oversight of the Old City. It is a great place to begin your visit right at the Jaffa Gate.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a wonderful experience. The light show was spectacular and really helped define our history lessons in the city with a wonderful timeline of events through pictures and music. Just beautiful.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This site was not on our tour agenda, but our tour guide told us about it and we checked it out one night. Amazing outdoor laser show about the history of Israel. I HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Easy to follow the story of Jerusalem, with lots of written information and graphics. The way the museum is set out in separate sections allows you to think and take a break, so that all the information doesn't become too overwhelming. Add to this mix the physical site to explore and this museum is a winner. Views from the tower are fantastic. Good coffee too. The temporary Design exhibition was fantastic - not sure when it finishes.