“Great stay!”

Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here last week with my family and it was a very enjoyable experience. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff are very friendly.
Next time we are in Israel we would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Joseph H, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel met your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Clean rooms, showers, gorgeous views, excellent service, rose petals on beds, rodent free. They treat their guests like royalty. I definitely recommend this hotel. Jerusalem gardens hotel and spa has made my stay in israel extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014
Joseph H, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The guest experience is very important to our management team, and it is nice to see that our guests enjoy their time with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a great stay at Jerusalem Gardens. We arrived much too early to check into our rooms about 7am), but they accommodated us anyway and got the rooms ready as soon as they could. We were very tired from an extremely long flight, and they seemed to understand this. They even offered us a free breakfast while we were waiting, and that was no small thing - since we were a group of 8. I will always appreciate their kindness and helpfulness on our very first morning in Israel! We found the beds to be very comfortable, and the food was absolutely delicious...fresh, with lots of variety.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here recently with a tour group and found few, if any redeeming qualities about this hotel. The rooms were gross; scuffed up walls, broken furniture, and poor quality showers with the bare necessities for bath amenities. In addition, while our rooms did get made up during the day, it was pretty clear that the bathrooms were not cleaned, as evidenced by the dirty bathtub that still had hair and dirt all over it.

The food was also pretty mediocre, including the part where I almost ingested metal shavings while eating dinner in the dining room. Speaking of which, the rude staff, which yelled at us if we even so much as touched any of the buffet items in the main dining area, treated us like children; feeding us recycled and clearly not fresh food. The chicken nuggets for dinner was a heinous insult, and finding any clean plates or glasses was truly a challenge.

But the staff were truly awful; ignoring or sneering at us when we made even the simplest requests, and during one event when a guest speaker came to give us a lecture, sticking us in a smelly and disgusting service room that reeked of mold.

On the plus side, the Light Rail is pretty close by and I didn't contract a disease by staying here. But for anyone who is looking for a hotel in Jerusalem, I would avoid this festering rat hole of a hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank bsl35
Joseph H, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

First I would like say that I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was a negative one.
That having been said, I must say that the issues you bring up are extremely uncharacteristic for our hotel.
Our staff provides a high level of service, from cleaning rooms on a regular basis to preparation of fresh food and provision of comfortable accomodations.
Again, I am very sorry that you had a negative experience here. At the same time I must say that I am quite surprised as the responses we receive from the overwhelming majority of our guests including those who stayed here at the same time you were here are very positive.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel was very dirty. bed sheets were used! bathroom no clean at all. price quite cheap, breakfast ok but at night restaurant close very early and not too good. maybe is good for young friends, but it is no good at all for family!!!! Free parking and free spa, but we didn't try it...

1  Thank chiccov

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was not pleasant.
The issues that you bring up are very uncharacteristic for our hotel.
We make every effort to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.
Our housekeeping staff does clean rooms thoroughly on a regular basis, and so I must apologize if your room was not cleaned to a satisfactory standard.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, we do take your comments to heart and use them to improve the service level at our hotel.

Guest Relation

Reviewed December 25, 2013

To all those who come to visit the Holy City, I advise not to hesitate which hotel to choose. I spent two nights there with my wife and some relatives, and was deeply impressed by the excellent service of the staff and no less by the abundant meals and the comfortable and tidy rooms. Moreover, I enjoyed playing the piano in the lobby, thanks to the reception clerks who willingly provided me with the key.
I'm sure to come back to this nice hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Preferably, choose a room with a view to the city (even number rooms).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph H, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I went to spend one night with my mom, i had read some reviews but wasn't sure what to expect. First, it needs a remodelation ASAP (everything in the room it's just too old, the towels, the telephones, the style, and outside the pool and gardens area it's a mess and dirty) second, it's not clean!! The bathroom of
Our room was dirty on the low back part of the door and on the low part of the tub ( looked like fungus). And last... We had breakfast at the cafeteria and my was yelled at by some worker!! Why? Cause she put a bread on the toaster that wasn't plane and it started getting on fire. Suggestions to this? Change that old toaster and put something that warns people, cause after my mom, we saw it happened to 2 more persons!! But the experience and angry moment my mom had was really unconfortable for her.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank SandraBarFlores
Joseph H, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to see that you were disappointed in our hotel.
The hotel is currently is in an ongoing renovation process.
While the furniture may not be the latest design available, we do make sure to keep it in proper order.
Your guest experience is certainly not what we all strive to provide to each and every one of our guests, and I am sorry that you left our hotel disappointed.

Truly,