“JERUSALEM GARDENS POST RENOVATION”

Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“JERUSALEM GARDENS POST RENOVATION”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel has received very mixed reviews and having stayed for 10 nights I have to say that we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean and done well. The hotel staff were generally very friendly and helpful. ( for Israel!) Our daughter lives in Jerusalem and we would not hesitate to return there. The location is very good ansd the Lightrailway runs 2 minutes walk from the hotel and therefore getting around to anywhere in Jerusalem is easy. The spa and pool were wonderful and is a bonus for this grade of hotel in Jerusalem. I have stayed in other more expensive hotels in Jlm and frankly the difference is negligible. There are many more expensive hotels but it is the balance between price and comfort and the Jerusalem Gardens fits for us. Whilst we could have spent much more I have stayed in many hotels in Jlm and the price difference going upscale from here is very large and not justifiable for me.

The refurb of the hotel is now almost complete and I would warn against giving any notice to earlier comments which were made during the refurb. I do think that the hotel need to ensure that they have english speaking staff on duty as much as possibble- even at 4am!
Breakfast is typical Israeli which is great but after 3/4 days it becomes very boring!

Room Tip: a refurbished room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JerusalemGardens, General Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Good Day Sir,

It is nice to have your constructive criticism. We will try to put more English speakers staff on duty, and to diversify the breakfast meals as much as we can.

Thank you for your good will and for letting other people know about your good impression of the hotel.

Hope to see you soon,

Best Wishes,

Sharon Kotler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is close, but not obviously close, to Jerusalem's entrance (about 300 m from the string bridge). Relatively modern building with 4 elevators, of which only one worked for 3 of the 4 days stay. The rooms are big and functional.
Housekeeping was none existent. The carpet was filthy and was never cleaned during the stay. The toilets were never cleaned, nor were desk surfaces or even tea cups.
The bathroom has a bathtub that works well as a bathtub but it is dangerously unstable when standing to take a shower.
The porters double as security guards and are very unpleasant. During evening hours there is no response to calls to reception and you are forced to descend from your room.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful, but do not expect your plates to be removed until you finished eating.
Public areas were generally dirty

Room Tip: Odd number rooms look at the string bridge
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is important that you are letting us know about your unpleasant stay, we will make sure to improve the safety of our guests at the bathtubs, and we will try to make an afford of cleaning the rooms and the hotel more carefully. an also the quick response at the reception desk.

Although it wasn't a perfect holiday, I am certain that next time you will be more than pleased and satisfied.

Waiting for your return,
Sharon Kotler.
Almaty
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in Jerusalem Garden as a big, almost 100 group of alumni of Hebrew university all over the world! We really enjoyed staying in this nice hotel, which is ideally located in the middle of lovely city of Jerusalem, 5 min by train to the old city. The rooms are quite big and clean, the balcony view was also great. The breakfast are tasty and for comparatively little money (100$ per night) we had great clean accomodation and very tasty food. Servants in the hotel were very polite, nice and extremely helpful )) I would like to thanks Ala especially for help and great assistance. Thank you!

Room Tip: ask ALA and he will help to find suitable room ))
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamilya S
Dear Madam,

I have really enjoyed reading your helpful hotel feedback.
It is nice you have used our staff effectively, especially Ala.
I will make sure he and his manager will get your review and I am sure he will still be there for you.
Best Regards,
Sharon Kotler.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel has impeccable comfort and is very clean too. The customer service is excellent even when busy. Staff are very friendly and genuinely care for your well being. A special thanks to all the reception staff – especially Ala; the Spa staff and dining room staff; I truly enjoyed my stay because of your excellent hospitality.

The hotel meals were always a feast and you get more than you bargained for; even if you are on budget.

The area and hotel is safe for singles/couples/family/group travellers and you do get to meet lots of people. Staff help give you relevant maps, directions or book shuttle service/taxis to from the airport/tours. After the first visit to the city hall/Jaffa by tram, I walked the other visits because it is walking distance when you know where you are going! There you can get reasonably priced meals for 28 to 32 shekels, pizza (12 shekels) & fruits (3 shekels).

Overall I enjoyed my visit to Jerusalem. This is a very excellent base to se the Holy Land; the people are peaceful, friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel and Jerusalem any day!

Room Tip: Non-smoking I guess!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ruth A
Dear solo traveler,

I am happy to read your wonderful and useful review.
I hope to see you soon again, your trustful stuff of Jerusalem Gardens Hotel and Spa.
Kos
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here and booking.com I was a bit wary of what the Hotel was going to be like. It was a very pleasant surprise so I can only imagine that it is under new managements. I usually go for small family run Hotels, but as we were only going to spend one night in Jerusalem on a whistle stop tour of the area, I chose it because it was close to the Bus station as we were arriving by bus from Eilat and going on to Nazareth by bus, The room was spacious, lovely big bed, tv with lots of english channels, not that we come on holiday to watch tv but it was nice to be able to catch up with the news after a long day of sightseeing. The tram line goes from outside the Hotel and it is 6.60 shekles for a one way ticket and it is re useable within 1 1/2 hours....We only spend one night here and I would definately go back, although if I was staying for any longer, think I would choose a small family run hotel, but thats just me. The breafast was amazing...it had everything including 3 different types of fish!!! being a tea and toast girl myself I could not take advantage of this, but my husband really enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christinefromkos
Dear Sir&Madam,

Thank you for your pleasant review. I am glad to hear that it was a big surprise for you, and you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
We will be pleased to host you again as returning and favorites guests, do not hesitate to contact us for any requests in the future.
Have a nice day,
Sharon Kotler
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel could use some renovations but other than that we were very pleased with our stay. Not too far from public transportation (about a 5 minute walk to the intracity train). The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were a decent size and comfortable. We only stayed 1 night but I would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night - Christmas Eve 2012. From the outside it looks quite dreary and the lobby isn't much better. However the sleeping rooms are full of positive surprises. Each room has a balcony which allows you to fill the room with fresh air, the beds are super firm and comfortable, and the showers are amazing. The showers must have been recently redone - they are sleep free, great water pressure, very hot and the shampoo smells good. If you can get a cheap rate on booking.com - take it and be happy. They even matched us with a Bethlehem tour guide that had a mad hook up. The tour guide took us to the West Bank and we didn't have to wait in line for anything. He also could manage the traffic. Good hotel. I would stay there again. The front desk people weren't terribly helpful on the taxi or restaurant front. You need to manage some of that stuff yourself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends