“Too important to miss”

Ranked #3 of 304 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The remains of the Second Temple of Jerusalem and a place of prayer sacred to the Jewish people.
stamford, ct
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Too important to miss”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A visit to the Western/Wailing Wall is an absolute must for any visit to Jerusalem. Whether you come to pray or just to observe, the historical importance of this locale must be seen.

Visited October 2012

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You get such an unbelievable sense of history going to the Western Wall regardless of your religious affiliation. It's so interesting to see how the center of Christianity, Judaism & one of the holiest sites of Islam are so close together. The tunnel tour is fascinating. I strongly suggest you get tickets in advance as this tour is amazing. It was difficult to understand everything our guide said due to her accent but all in all we got the gist of what she was saying. Our kids really enjoyed the tunnel tour too.

Visited August 2012
Long Island
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A MOVING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first time in Israel and my heart and my head were emotionally moved as I pray at the Western Wall.

Visited November 2012
Great Neck, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Spiritual!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

No matter how many times I go it is still a very moving place for me. Tis is the place I think of everyone I know and what I would like to wish for them. It is a place where I believe that everything WILL be ok. That my prayers WILL be answered. I do feel the closeness to GOD.
It is always nice to see people from all over the world and from different religions come and respect the place.

Visited November 2012
Norristown, PA
172 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Holiest site for Jews!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Western Wall was also part of our visit to Jerusalem. We got to see many Bar Mitzvas that day and leave a prayer in the wall. Even though we are not Jewish, it was a moving experience and we are so happy to have been there.

Visited October 2012