“Good Hotel - Great Price - Excellent Staff”

Jerusalem Tower Hotel
Ranked #74 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The rooms were pretty small but very clean and nicely designed. I was very surprised as the price was very fair. The hotel is under construction (Fall of 2012) but I enjoyed the stay so much I want to go back and see it when it's finished and the sheet-rock is done. The Wi-Fi was strong in the lobby but very "iffy" in the rooms. Breakfast was free but not very appealing, i,e, I appreciate the Kosher, but the raw fish, olives, and various salad toppings are not my kind of breakfast. We opted to pay $4-5 across the street at the bakeries for fresh bagels and coffee.
No fitness or pool, but we didn't have much time to do that stuff anyway.

Here are the three key points that may get you to stay there.
1) The location is prime. It's 15 minutes from Old Jerusalem, 15 minutes from the Open-Air Market, and right in the midst of the city. There are several amazing restaurants and great shopping within 2 minutes.
2) The staff was amazing. I stayed for 9 days and had conversations with most, who truly wanted to make my trip great.
3) The price is great. It's not a 4/5 star hotel, but you're not paying for that either. It's a high 3-star and was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator as the hallway noise carries into the closer rooms. Also, ask a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jeffrey R

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were given a warm welcome but thought we were in the basement rather than the reception. To be fair a refurbishment programme was ongoing in this area. The room was small and even though we were on an upper floor the noise from the street could not be shut out. Towels were threadbare and stiff but the basic amenities were available. Coffee was available in the reception/breakfast area but only in paper cups. Breakfast was acceptable with a fair selection of pastries and fruit amongst other options.
Once the refurbishments have been completed the hotel might be more inviting but it seemed a lot of money for what we were offered. The location was probably the best feature of this hotel - easy to get to and within walking distance of the main attractions of Jerusalem and in the heart of the nightlife area. There are lots of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor away from any street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oldagetrekkers
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When I've arrived to the hotel, my expectations were incredibly low – as it looks like a rack. The room was a pleasant surprise as it was just renovated and looks brand new. The main cons of the hotel is that the lobby is smelly and unpleasant – the elevators are very slow and it is necessary to wait sometimes 10 minutes until it's your turn to go up. We got stuck in one of the elevators and instead of apologizing – the staff just commented that next time we should try to take more people up in the same time (Even though we were 8 – as the signs said is OK). The breakfast also was really disappointing. The main Pros is that the location is really really good – no need for transportation to go anywhere. There are coffee shops and restaurants close by, the price is decent and rooms are nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My overall experience with Jerusalem tower hotel was satisfying. Yes, the room was modest, but was kept clean, so was bathroom. Also, I would prefer to have more towels in my room. The furniture was rather fresh. The most problematic issue was the breakfast as this hotel has a very small area allocated for breakfast. This is, maybe, due to the renovation process that they go through. The check-in and check out were both smooth. They did not provide me with map of the city, which could be a nice gesture if they could. This hotel is within walking distance to old city and very close to a train stop, with which you can travel also towards the old city (eastbound) and most attractions in the West Jerusalem (westbound), with the final stop being Mount Herzl, military cemetery and Yad Vashem memorial complex, all of which I highly recommend to visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vladimir70
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We came to the hotel with low expectations because of the reviews at the website, but we found a very nice hotel. The russia woman at the reception was very nice when we chack-in. The room was clean and the view was excellent. All in all we had a great time. Special thanks to Vhashe (hope I spell it right).

Room Tip: ask for Vhashe
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Miryam I
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay in this hotel. Although the rooms are "newly renovated" they were certainly not clean. I would go as far as saying our bathroom was filthy! There were also ominous stains on the bed sheets... and you literally get two small towels for the room.

We did have a friendly guy check us in... but every person we spoke to subsequently at the checkin desk was rude and unhelpful.

The lobby space smells like a buffet restaurant (which apparently it is) and the hallways/elevators etc are seriously shabby, old and dirty.

I would definitely seek somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank icyoubaby
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel is located at the city center, 15 minuts walk distance to the old city, the hotel location is full with restaurants and coffee shops. Since they are renovating the hotel, the new room design looks nice but the heating system stops all the time. The lobby is very small and we had breakfast outdoor in a very cold day, the breakfast was not good and very basic. The WiiFii sevice is free but its keep cutting all the time. sThe Security Guard was snoring loudly in the lobby even a headphone didn't help that we couldn't enjoy sitting in the lobby and we felt that we are disturbing him. I recommend this hotel and i hope after the renovation it will be much better.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family