“Nice rooms, awful lobby”

Jerusalem Tower Hotel
Ranked #74 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When I've arrived to the hotel, my expectations were incredibly low – as it looks like a rack. The room was a pleasant surprise as it was just renovated and looks brand new. The main cons of the hotel is that the lobby is smelly and unpleasant – the elevators are very slow and it is necessary to wait sometimes 10 minutes until it's your turn to go up. We got stuck in one of the elevators and instead of apologizing – the staff just commented that next time we should try to take more people up in the same time (Even though we were 8 – as the signs said is OK). The breakfast also was really disappointing. The main Pros is that the location is really really good – no need for transportation to go anywhere. There are coffee shops and restaurants close by, the price is decent and rooms are nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 30, 2012

My overall experience with Jerusalem tower hotel was satisfying. Yes, the room was modest, but was kept clean, so was bathroom. Also, I would prefer to have more towels in my room. The furniture was rather fresh. The most problematic issue was the breakfast as this hotel has a very small area allocated for breakfast. This is, maybe, due to the renovation process that they go through. The check-in and check out were both smooth. They did not provide me with map of the city, which could be a nice gesture if they could. This hotel is within walking distance to old city and very close to a train stop, with which you can travel also towards the old city (eastbound) and most attractions in the West Jerusalem (westbound), with the final stop being Mount Herzl, military cemetery and Yad Vashem memorial complex, all of which I highly recommend to visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vladimir70
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We came to the hotel with low expectations because of the reviews at the website, but we found a very nice hotel. The russia woman at the reception was very nice when we chack-in. The room was clean and the view was excellent. All in all we had a great time. Special thanks to Vhashe (hope I spell it right).

Room Tip: ask for Vhashe
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Miryam I
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay in this hotel. Although the rooms are "newly renovated" they were certainly not clean. I would go as far as saying our bathroom was filthy! There were also ominous stains on the bed sheets... and you literally get two small towels for the room.

We did have a friendly guy check us in... but every person we spoke to subsequently at the checkin desk was rude and unhelpful.

The lobby space smells like a buffet restaurant (which apparently it is) and the hallways/elevators etc are seriously shabby, old and dirty.

I would definitely seek somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank icyoubaby
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel is located at the city center, 15 minuts walk distance to the old city, the hotel location is full with restaurants and coffee shops. Since they are renovating the hotel, the new room design looks nice but the heating system stops all the time. The lobby is very small and we had breakfast outdoor in a very cold day, the breakfast was not good and very basic. The WiiFii sevice is free but its keep cutting all the time. sThe Security Guard was snoring loudly in the lobby even a headphone didn't help that we couldn't enjoy sitting in the lobby and we felt that we are disturbing him. I recommend this hotel and i hope after the renovation it will be much better.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank John T
Reviewed January 10, 2012

the first impression might be disappointing: cold and old reception, the building from outside seems to need a complete renovation. But the location is perfect: right ouside the hotel you've got any kind of shops and restaurants and bars, and you need only a ten minute walking to get the old town. The rooms are small, but clean and recently renovated. Ask for a new room, preferably at a high floor (more quiet). The staff is friendly (thank you Lina!). Also the breakfast is rich enough, considering a 100 USD price for a doble room with breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mr-neiv
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I spent 1 week in the hotel and I requested a renovated room, as I heard that they were renovating the hotel. I didn't find the room small it was quite nice and the bathroom was clean. The only issue is that the room doesn't have a bar fridge or tea/coffee facilities. The location of the hotel is fantastic as you can walk anywhere in Jerusalem from there. I found the staff friendly, I came early in the morning around 9 am and they checked me in, I also needed to extend my stay and they gave me a discount on the room for the extra 2 nights I needed. The breakfast I didn't enjoy so I ended up going across the road to the multiple cafes to try their breakfasts in the morning, but other than that I would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a higher room - I had a level 12 room and I didn't find it too noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo