“I'm here now please save me -RF”
Review of Kikar Zion

Kikar Zion
Ranked #90 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I write this as if it were my last will. I don't have much time before the mold and disease infiltrates lungs. Blood stains bed bugs nonworking bathrooms mold and the list goes on. I see people in the lobby now coming to stay but I seriously hope they read my lips of leave now!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Djfenton

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only good thing in this hotel is the location. The hotel is very dirty. There were lots of Chinese and Russian guests. It seem the it’s a hotel to travel groups.

Please check out the pictures. It’s probably one of the worst hotels in Jerusalem. A local friend booked for us, because its near his house. I was afraid about the reviews. It was the worst hotel I ever stay. And I do not stay in fancy hotels. Usually I stay in Ibis and Best Westerns. This hotel is a nightmare. It’s dirty and old.

No Internet. There is no Wifi in the rooms. The one in the lobby didn't work.

Rooms
Our family booked 2 rooms. The room is very big, but it’s all old. Very old furniture. Dirty. Very old carpet with holes and stains. Old curtains. Tube TV with 3 channels (all in Hebrew only). The sheets were dirty. Towels dirty.

Breakfast
It was always crowded. It all looked dirty. The plates were wet in stack. Forks dirty as well.

Bathroom
Old and dirty. Please look at the pictures.

Don’t stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CariocaDan
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Where should I begin? The rooms are dusty and dirty. I immediately began to feel congested from breathing the mold on the bathroom ceiling. There were blood stains on the furniture, and one of the beds in my room was a mattress hanging off a sofa, which broke as soon as we sat on it. Upon reporting this issue, we were told to sleep on the floor. We persisted on another room, and eventually they reluctantly gave us a room where the sewage smell was so unbearable that we had to return to the first one. We had to drag the mattress and bed ourselves from the second room all the way down the hall to the first, since the staff could care less. The air conditioning blew mold and was making me sick so I had to turn it off and leave the window open all night. It only opens a few inches but is enough to let mosquitoes in, so we were waking up with mosquito bites every day. On the third day, I woke up with my body covered in bed bugs, which was the last straw. I left the hotel immediately, and had to get all of my luggage dry cleaned for fear of bed bug contamination. Please, whatever you do, do not stay at this hostel. It is unsanitary and unhealthy. The location is not worth it.

Room Tip: Please, whatever you do, do not stay at this hostel. It is unsanitary and unhealthy. The location...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MikeK46
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here with a group- hotel was old- looking and smelled from the outside. The rooms are small and the TVs didn't work. It's difficult to get up and down in the hotel due to old, small elevators. The food was fine, but by no means delicious. The staff was helpful, but not overly so. The best (possibly only) great thing about this hotel is the location- smack in the center of town. If location is what's important to you, and your hotel is just a place to sleep for a few hours and leave your stuff, this is a fine place to stay on a budget. More hostel status than hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors are probably slightly nicer
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JordanaBrown
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the worst hotel ever, and it rates more as a motel. I was bitten by mosquitoes each night and had ten bites on each leg. The decor is from the 1970s and the rooms have dirty sheets. The only plus is the location, but I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank coke1677
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We went to the Kikar Zion hotel to stay there for 3 nights. Our first impression was'nt so good, because even our taxi driver couldn't find the main entrance! Because there wasn't any!!! The only door was on the back next to a garage, and there was a small door which was locked. Finally we realized that there was a door bell that you should push to get in. After getting in you need to take an elevator to the "lobby" floor. When we reached there, there was no one there! Not a single person. After a while a guy came to the reception desk and asked us what we wanted.. He was really rude and tired to his life!
Well, finally we got into our room, and it was GROWSE! I mean really DISGUSTING!!! It was so dirty and dusty everywhere and there were stains on the floor carpet and on the sheets of the bed. We really didn't feel much sitting anywhere or touch anything. It felt like you could get fleas. :D
We left the hotel right away!
So please DO NOT BOTHER TO GO IN THIS "HOTEL"

• Stayed: April 2011
7  Thank TR89
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This hotel was a horror. The common parts and the rooms are old and dirty, only one chaine of television working, the breakfast and the dining room are depressing. To avoid at all costs. Only the staff and the nearness of the old town could justify this hotel but it is expensively paid!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple