“Well Satisfied”
Review of Olive Tree Hotel

Olive Tree Hotel
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed four nights in Feb. 2014. Rooms are spacious, clean. Housekeeping restocked towels and amenities each day. Food was served buffet style and was excellent; great selection of salads, entrees and desserts. Wifi in lobby only; occasionally had slow service when big tour groups came in. 5-10 minute walk to the old city, entering through the Damascus Gate. Gift shops inside hotel had fair and reasonable prices on gifts.Staff was very courteous.

Only two "dislikes"- we were a group of five, and they really cater to large tour groups, and there were several staying at the same time. So if you happened to go to dinner right behind one of the groups, the lines in the dining hall were pretty long.

Secondly, there was no air conditioning- only heat. We opened our window and slept fairly well, but there was a good bit of traffic noise.

Still, overall, our experience was very good at this hotel. My personal preference is to stay inside the old city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patty A

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful night at the Olive Tree Hotel in March 2014. The Hotel is very clean, quite and in walking Distance to Old Jerusalem. The food was great and the staff was excellent and very helpful. I would recommend this Hotel while staying in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: Get a room that has a window to open for some fresh air.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mstevens1
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This company advertised saying they would book you into four and five star hotels if you travel with them. Don't believe it! I signed up for a trip to the Holy Land with my church group. So we get over here to Jerusalem to a supposed four or five star hotel and as soon as I open the door to my room I can feel it is stiflingly hot! So I turn on the air conditioner full blast. Within 45 minutes it has not cooled off one degree, maybe even grown warmer. I called the front desk and asked to change rooms. I was told they were completely full, that they had six buses arriving and no rooms available. None. I didn't believe her. She said the best she could do was tell me to open the windows. Some five star hotel. So I marched downstairs and asked the EO representative what they mean by touting this as a five star hotel when there is no air conditioning. He says this time of year the hotels have not changed over yet from heat to air and they can only run one or the other. So I said I wished someone had told me that before I flew all the way over here and his comment was "well I'm sorry you didn't know that." Like that is something I would just know. On my own. Without ever having been here before. So this is the end of the road for me and EO Tours. A shame for them because I plan to take a couple more trips this year to celebrate my 30 year wedding anniversary. I guess before I go anywhere else I will research the heating and cooling arrangements of the hotels where we plan to stay. And I will let everyone know that EO Tours cares very little about the comfort of their clients.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. Only two sections of this hotel has working air conditioners. And don'...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Debra C
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent a Saturday night at the hotel. The meals were first rate. The room had a spacious balcony, but the weather was wrong for it. The only problem was a blackout late in the evening. The hotel should have had a back-up generator. We assumed the problem was related to the location in East Jerusalem.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jonquil323
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for four nights with a tour group and was very pleased. The hotel was updated and especially clean, the staff was kind and generous, and the food was wonderful. I would highly recommend the Olive Tree to other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PastorMom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for most of our tour in Israel. The hotel itself is lovely to look at. The meals were very good...so much to choose from. The food was excellent. One night I was not too hungry and didn't finish what I had on my plate. The chef actually came over to ask if everything was all right and if there was a problem with the the food. I was impressed that they really cared if you liked it or not. The room was very comfortable and clean. We used the WiFi in the lobby which was strong and allowed all I wanted to do. And free. All in all it was a wonderful addition to our experience in Israel ....a trip I would reccommend to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanmu
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After traveling the country was nice to come back and be close to the Old City of Jerusalem. Meals were very nice and a lot of variety. Yes-beds are close but that seems to be the custom in the country--easy to separate if desired. It also appears to be the trend you use short duvet covers--a little frustrating if you are taller and like covers over your shoulders. But the rooms were clean and bed comfortable...bear with it. The Ladies room off the lounge did not get cleaned from morning to evening on our last day there--sinks had some grime. Would agree that the Gift Shop is reasonably priced compared to many other places.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business