“Another Good Stay at the Eldan”
Review of Eldan Hotel

Eldan Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have stayed at the Eldan several times and as in the past, enjoyed good service, an excellent breakfast and the help of friendly staff. Location is excellent, across from the King David on King David street. Value is good for a Jerusalem hotel where high prices are the norm.A perfect location from which to explore the "old city" Is also a 10 minute walk to a stop on the new Light Rail, Good shopping and places to eat in the Mamilla Mall near JaffaGate. Reccommended

Reviewed June 19, 2013

located very close to the "MAMILA" mall,
and from there close to the OLD CITY.
food was good and vary.
stuff were very nice, polite behavior and helpful with any question.
I was with a baby, and got a bed for the baby and also the reception gave us hot water when ever we wanted.

the hotel placed is also close to the "German colony" - very nice place for walking.
The parking inside the hotel no so big, but we found free parking inside the hotel on all the weekend.
outside of the hotel, there is PAYMENT parking, which is free on FRIDAY (from 13:00 or something) and free on SATURDAY, so no problem....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I want to thank Noam head chef of the Eldan Hotel for professional and excellent service.
Selection and fresh salads, fish of all kinds platter and top quality, ensuring the quality of all the food including the additions of various types and quality level of upscale gourmet restaurants.
All guests including us, only praised the great food, the beauty of the place and the polite and efficient service. All guests told me that for a long time they did not have a good meal like that even in luxurious evening events.
Thank you very much.
Davidov Familly.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very clean, very kind helpful stuff and the best location.
The breakfast was israeli style, very tasty, a lot of food.
We had a dinner/included on the sabbat day!
important is the hotel's location. It is a short walk to the old city, new city center. One doesn't need a car.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

when i stayed in Eldan Hotel I suffered so much from the lousy service, that I had actually cancelled my 2nd night.

when I booked the hotel two weeks prior to arriving, I was told that the hotel provides a free parking spot. I ensured this information twice, since the parking fees in this part of jerusalem are insane.

when I got to the hotel, the parking lot had no space left and I was told I have to pay for my own parking on the street. this is an amount of approximatly 5$ per hour!!!

when I told the manager of the shift that I was told otherwise when I booked the room by phone, she didn't give a damn an yelled at me at the middle of the lobby! she threw at me a 10 NIS coin and told me to stop bothering her!!! after that she called me on the phone to my room and demanded me to go down to the lobby and return the 10 NIS she gave me!!!

I had never experienced such a lousy service in my life.

I cancelled my second night in the hotel and they did not even care. when I got back home I emailed "Eldan" company that holds the hotel, right after I talked to the hotel manager, that did not even reply to my demands for a refund for shortening my stay in Jerusalem.

Eldan company offered my a free breakfast for all the trouble instead of a money consempation. I refused.

the location of the hotel is amazing and the rooms are fine, (no free wifi), but the service made me entire stay miserable.

Room Tip: simply dont go to this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank nimigor
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Location. Kindness. Hospitalitality. Parking. Israeli breakfast included.
The Eldan Hotel is a great hotel for a reasonable price.
The rooms are basic and clean with a flat screen TV and small refrigerator. It has a wonderful staff accommodating all our needs.
We have stayed at the Eldan many times and we are always pleased.

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger than others and they are the same price. If this matters to you, speak up.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Few months ago we had we made a family tour and rented 3 rooms in Eldan hotel. The booking process was smooth and there were no "surprises" on arrival. The reception staff were very kind and informative. The room were very clean, cosy, quite, and on arrival we found a bowl with fresh fruits. We ate only breakfast in the hotel and breakfast is reach and tasty.
Another important advantage is the hotel's location. It is a short walk to the old city, new city center and the beautiful Mamila area and good public transportation connection to all other Jerusalem's attractions. One doesn't need a car. In addition, although it is so centrally located, it is a quite area.
In short, highly recommended.
PS - based on previous experience, sometimes the hotel is fully booked even during low season, so book well ahead.

Room Tip: Book well ahead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family