For $450 a night, a suite is not a bad thing in Jerusalem. It would cost 3x as much at the King David 10 minutes walk up the road. I never saw the old Ariel hotel so I only know what I saw; the renovation was perfectly fine. The old city view from the sundeck is great; from the rooms it is OK. Gym is barely adequate. Breakfast wasn't bad but nothing to write home about. Service was generally friendly but not necessarily useful; one day they missed my wake-up call and the request to get a Herald Tribune newspaper wasn't honored the next morning even though I was told it would be the night before. The suite itself was pretty good use of limited space although I would have preferred a standing shower in a suite instead of a shower inside a bathtub; I liked the decorating and the general concept of the hotel. TV channel availability is very good with lots of international selections. My biggest problem here was the location; you have to call for taxis and then because of the traffic patterns you often have to go around in a circle in the taxi before you get in the direction of the place you want to go. This can be rather annoying and adds a few minutes to just about any journey. It's not really walking distance to city center. But if you want a suite at a decent price, this is the trade-off. Personally, a Mamila Suite at the newly built Mamila Hotel would cost a bit more than a suite here but it would be in a top-flight hotel and much more convenient. Probably a better play overall as a tourist although this hotel was 15 minutes walk from my company's Jerusalem office in the Emek Refaim (German colony) neighborhood and convenient for that purpose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel located opposite Mt Zion and the Old City of Jerusalem, within easy reach of many tourist attractions. The spacious, contemporary guest rooms and suites offer every modern comfort along with state-of-he-art technology. The exquisite interior design skillfully combines eastern and western motifs to create a warm and soothing atmosphere. The guest rooms boast stunning views of Jerusalem’s cityscape, Old City and Mount Zion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelPower so you can book your Dan Boutique Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Boutique Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Dan Boutique Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Boutique Hotel