“Great place to stay for Jerusalem Film Festival”

Dan Boutique Jerusalem
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The Dan Boutique was a quiet haven to return to after a day spent at the Jerusalem Film Festival. It has a gated free parking lot. The breakfast was tasty. The one dairy meal I had in the lobby was also good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Cinematheque is an easy 5 minute walk down hill (7 minute return), and there is a new running/walking/biking path along the old train tracks nearby. The room and bathroom are well equipped and laid out, though not overly large (standard room).

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Old City.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Very nice room staff very pleasant breakfast a nice surprise. Only one less experienced receptionist who said we had no reservation only because she didn't try the option of switched name and last name... Otherwise GREAT! value 4 money

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We came to Israel for the dedication of a cultural center in the Negev some 20 minutes south of Beer Sheva. In our 11 days in Israel (and a day in Petra) we based ourselves out of the Dan Boutique Hotel. It was a perfect selection. The staff at all hours were great, and we give special thanks to the Guest Relations Manager, Ms. Shimrit Ohana.

We hope to plan a performance tour of Israel in 2012 or swo. We will use the Dan Boutique as our "country headquarters." Steve Myers, www.suzukimyers.com

Room Tip: The rooms without a view are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Ask for deluxe room, old city view, it is worth the extra cost. Looking out the window, seeing major sites and watching the bird action was awesome. You can ask to have your eggs cooked any way you want in the morning, you do not need to take the choice offered. Consider taking a cab uphill to the Old City and walk back to the hotel, mostly down hill. The cab ride uphill cost about $7. The walk requires effort especially in the heat. This is a very comfortable hotel and it an excellent value for cost. We ate in the hotel bar one afternoon after exhausting tour. The salad and sandwich were very good, and the serving size very generous.

Room Tip: Deluxe city view, we had room 409, outstanding!
1  Thank nipowers
Reviewed June 21, 2011

10 - 15 minute walk to the old city, 10 minute walk to restaurants and shops in the German Colony. Also, about a 15+ minute walk to Avis, if you're renting a car. Room was a nice size - I think we got a 'deluxe' - and comfortable. Only negative is that they charge separately for Internet service - I think it was 70 shekels per day (about US $20). Join the eDan Club to get a slight discount on the room and on Internet service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at the Dan Boutique for two nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The breakfast is huge and tasty, and the pleasant walk to the Old City took just only about ten scenic minutes. The animation throughout the hotel is an added, interesting feature. Be sure to hang out on the sundeck as the sun sets!

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Overall it was a great hotel. Our last morning we ate breakfast and I left my hand sanitizer at the table. When we were checking out later that day, one of the staff, maybe a manager actually remembered it was me at that table and he had held the sanitizer for me. That was great service.

I would have to say most of my concerns were with the bathroom. 1) We use face cloths in the US, but we never had those in our room. I would like to have face cloths because I use them every morning and night. I don't like shower curtains, especially in this hotel because it was not long enough for the shower enclosure. Twice water went all over the floor, so I had to soak it up with my towel. One big concern was that in the bathroom, the ceiling tiles did not fit correctly and there was a big gap that I could easily see in and anyone could see me. That made me very uncomfortable. I don't know if all the rooms are like that, but that really needs to be fixed.

Also, for some reason my curling iron quit working. It would be nice to have convertors available to check out. I had to go the entire stay with no curling iron for my hair. We did bring convertors that we have used on other trips, but evidently they were not the correct ones.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom ceiling.
1  Thank koplinwithak