1,983 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesofia restaurantold citybreakfast buffetgerman colonybeautiful hotelking davidmamilla mallemek refaimhome away from homeshabbat dinnerlocation is excellentluxury hoteldining roomjaffa gatetour groupdavid citadel
Reviewed January 5, 2011

The Inbal has nice sized rooms, a beautiful lobby and restaurants, a sleek modern feel and above all else friendly staff that generally go out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
inbal, Executive Assistant at The Inbal Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments; it is comments like these that make the hard work all wortwhile.
We especially appreciate the kind observations made with regards to our team. We pride ourselves on a familiar family atmosphere at the hotel and strive to ensure that our guests feel that the hotel is truly a home away from home. It is with this respect that our guests (family) return back to us year after year.
Thank you once again and should I be of any other assistance I would be glad to hear from you on marketing@inbalhotel.com.
Kindest Regards,
Ruth Waiman - PA to GM

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed there for 5 nights from Nov 22 to 27th. We had rooms 701 702 connecting. This was our home base to take day trips to different locations around Jerusalem. Hotel was very clean and rooms were comfortable. Not too many electrical outlets, had to move the nightstand to find one.

Breakfast was good but service a little poor. Husband and I love coffee and we struggled to get the service staff come by us. Luckily I have no problem with waving my arms up in the air. We tried eating outside but sun was strong and there were birds waiting for you to leave food unattended it to attack it.

Check in was quick and reception and concierge staff was friendly. Location was great. We waked to Mamilla shopping center and from there you are at Jaffa Gate. We also walked to Ben Yehuda and the German Colony.

We ate Shabbat dinner there (Friday night) and if you are in Jerusalem Fri into Sat - you should eat whatever your hotel sells. Everything else was closed outside. Friday night dinner was good although not excellent. Wine not included. Not sure of the cost as we pre-paid through agent. But again, there is nothing else to eat.

Other nights we ate at a couple of the restaurants nearby, Paradiso I didn't like. I had the fish and chips. We wanted to try "Fish & Olive" at the corner but didn't have time -their menu looked good. There is a coffee shop with awsome deserts, sandwiches also at the corner. Handy when you have bottomless teenagers.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We traveled to Israel with a group from our U.S. synagogue. Our first stay was at the Inbal and it was wonderful. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean, the staff was wonderfully attentive, the breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious and loaded with treats. We had a great time and definitely would go back there. It is convenient to the Old City, the YMCA, Hebrew Union College, and Mamilla. We enjoyed our breakfasts outdoors in the Inbal's bright interior courtyard and dined in the evenings nearby at Olive & Fish and at Cup 'o'Joe.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed December 2, 2010

There's something odd about any hotel that promises you a view of the old city of Jerusalem, and even charges you more for it and does not deliver it at all! When I complained about the fact that we could not see the old city of Jerusalem from our hotel room we were scoffed at and the King size bed that we were promsed was suddenly not available and the two single beds that my girlfriend and I were provided with were somewhat uncomfortable. To top it off the girl at reception was incredibly rude and curt and seemed to be bothered to have to serve clients of the hotel. Not a warm and fuzzy feeling to say the least. And the best part was being totally ripped off with charges to print pages at about $4.00 per page!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JimboBerlin
inbal, Executive Assistant at The Inbal Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear Mr JimboBerlin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here on tripadvisor, it is through comments from our guests that enables us to monitor and develop our guest offerings.
May I start by expressing our regret that you felt dissatisfied by your experiences; it is a shame that the management were not informed during your stay as we would have liked the opportunity of discussing in more detail whilst you were still in house.
I therefore invite you to please email me on marketing@inbalhotel.com so that we may gather some more precise information in order to investigate the service issues mentioned.
This notwithstanding, the General Manager has asked me to convey his apologies for the dissatisfaction felt and we look forward to hearing back from you in due course.
Kindest Regards,
Ruth Waiman - PA to General Manager

Reviewed November 29, 2010

was there thanksgiving weekend.... nice hotel... good breakfast... nice indoor pool....room was VERY simple.... sabbath meals were a big ripoff.... for over 300.00 i got nothing i couldn't get elsewhere!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Dear Microcapper,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay with us here at the Inbal, it is always enlightening to hear of our guest experiences .
An additional thank you for your kind remarks in regards to the breakfast and general feel in the hotel, it is our aim to make our guests feel at home.
Furthermore, I am sorry if you felt that the shabbat meals were not in line with what you were expecting however, if you will excuse me, we do feel that there are some innaccuracies in your comment. The Shabbat meals are at a cost of 269NIS per person, the equivalent of approximately 74 USD; furthermore, these prices are not only in line with other hotels in our local area, but cheaper.
This fact notwithstanding, it is always a regret if a guest feels that they did not receive the value for money and I would be delighted to hear further from you on marketing@inbalhotel.com.
Ruth - PA to GM