“"5 stars all around"”

Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My family and I recently spent ten days at the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel. We found the service to be fantastic and the staff exceptional. Everybody from the front desk to the dining staff and beyond provided excellent service. This hotel is also very family friendly; we are very pleased with our stay and would be happy to return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Inbal staff is excellent, they do their best. But the owners or top management, somebody, decided it was acceptable for a 5-star hotel to keep the hotel open and give no warning to guests about major renovations that caused horrific noise.

That decision showed a basic disregard for the well-being of guests. Inexcusable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank shiiga d
Shlomit F, communications and social media manager at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. Our guest’s comments are invaluable to us, as they are our guidelines for monitoring and further improving the services we offer our guests. I apologize if we fell short on this occasion.
The inbal hotel strives for excellence, inevitably leading to refurbishments and upgrades. We try to ensure that we minimize the disruption to our guests by carrying out work during times when the majority of guests are out of the hotel. Unfortunately, this may not be always the case and we apologize that this seemed to cause unsatisfactory disturbance for you.

We hope that your overall experience in Israel was positive and pleasant and look forward to
welcome you back on your next visit at which time you will be able to appreciate and enjoy the improvements made .

Kind Regards,
Shlomit Ferber.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed in the Inbal hotel for a wide family weekend, during January 2014. We found a very clean and well-kept hotel, with a unique service. The variety of food in the dining room is not so large, as expected from a 5 star hotel, but every item was excellent.
The only BIG Cons that we found in the hotel, is the small rooms, small windows and/or small balcony that is not expected in such a hotel.
In the bottom line - the overall service, atmosphere, location and dining room over take the small room.

Room Tip: ask for the "De-Lux" rooms on the corner of the corridor and you will get the biggest ones...
2  Thank YohaiE
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were not too well informed about Jerusalem Hotels when the booking at the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel was made, but the web site made it look very attractive. When we arrived, the reception was warm and efficient and the Hotel nothing short of impressive. As we had an executive room, one could have snacks and breakfast in the executive lounge, which was quite convenient and offered the opportunity to go out to enjoy lovely elevated views over the city. One possible drawback of the executive option is that the breakfast is quite limited and I believe that the general breakfast is probably preferable. The room was attractive, clean and comfortable and we had a lovely stay. It is centrally located and a short walk from many of the major attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was part of a large group that toured Israel. We stayed in several hotels in Israel and Jordan. The Inbal was the best of them all. We were there for three nights.

The hotel staff responded quickly and pleasantly to my two requests...a new coffee pot and also a voltage transformer.

Rooms were clean. Beds comfortable. TV was simple to operate and we had some U.S. channels.

The food was the best that we had on the trip. Wait staff was very efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have stayed at the Inbal (Laromme) every time we were in Jerusalem except once over the past 19 years. We have never been disappointed and plan to stay there on our next trip. The staff was very attentive to all of our needs and any minor issues were corrected very quickly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I used to love the Inbal hotel. It was my home away from home for several years. Unfortunately, my experiences there have made me decide not to come back. The hotel has become very family-oriented which means that it is FULL of children and teenagers. The lobby was constantly absolutely packed with families and screaming children, and teenagers mostly American kids on their Israel trips or Bar Mitzwas. The whole hotel was extremely noisy. I stayed at the executive floor but it did not make much of a difference in terms of the noise level.

When I got to my room, it turned out it was facing South. There was no air conditioning in the hotel because it was winter.The heating was on. It was 28 degrees Celsius, sweltering hot. I called to complain. The technicians said it could not be fixed. The advised me to open the window. I told them this was not acceptable for a 400 dollar a night 5-star hotel. They moved me to another room. It was still super hot. The next day they moved me to another room, with windows facing a different direction. When I turned the heat off, the temperature was acceptable but no air coming in.

Then the worst of the problems started. Construction noise. The whole day from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm. Extremely loud drilling right under my room. I had to work. It was impossible. The walls were vibrating from the drilling. It was LOUD. When I made the reservation the hotel had not informed me they would be doing construction work on a whole floor. I asked the managers why they did not close down the hotel if they would be doing major construction. They said that would be too expensive. It was ridiculous. I tried to escape to the executive lounge. Even there it was very noisy. Many guests were also having meeting in the lounge, loud talking. Impossible to work. I complained. No compensation was offered. I was happy I was scheduled to leave the next day.

For some reason I could not access the internet site for my company even though that was never a problem before. Something in the server of the hotel settings. Major problem for me.

The breakfast at the Inbal is very good, but it was so packed with people and again children that it was sometimes impossible to find a table let alone get to to food. It was an unpleasant experience.

I tried to like the hotel. Many of the staff are very nice. They have become the victims of bad management and stupid decisions made by the owners of this place. Apparently they wanted to make the hotel into a family oriented place. If you are in Jerusalem for business or as a regular tourist, stay away from this hotel. It is certainly not a five star hotel and the decision to keep the hotel open while under major construction is unforgivable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank varvararodriques

Dear Guest

Thank you for caring and for taking the time to share your concerns.
Our guests’ comments are invaluable to us, as they are our guidelines for monitoring and further

improving the services we offer our guests. Your comments were transferred to the General Manager and the CEO for their consideration.

I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion, especially since you are a returning guest. However, It seem a pity to ruin a good relationship on the basis of this one incident.

I would truly appreciate it if you could give us another chance to prove to you that can do much better.

Kind Regards,