“Four days of Grandeur”

Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
St. Thomas
“Four days of Grandeur”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently took a pilgrimage to Israel. The group that I traveled with gave us hotel options and after looking at the Inbal online I knew that I had to stay there. I was not disappointed in the least from the first day to the last. Upon our arrival, the lobby was inviting and relaxing with all of the exotic floral decoration to all of the quaint yet elegant shops that carried some of the most beautiful treasures of Israel and beyond.

My room was very comfortable and the bathrooms though small, were updated and modern.

The entire staff were second to none. During check in, the front desk staff went the extra mile to make sure that I was totally satisfied. The dining room staff was extremely courteous and helpful not to exclude the Maitre D who differed from day to day but the great service remained consistent. One evening while at dinner, I was enjoying a fruit tart and when I got up to get another one; they were all done. I told the Maitre D and He brought my table an entire plate of the delectable treats.

The breakfast and dinner was so scrumptious and I liked that I had so many choices of foods to choose from daily.

On my last day, I thought that my travel scale was not working so I called the front desk and asked if the hotel had a travel scale available. I was so surprised to hear that the hotel offered such a needed service - I told other people on the trip who thought that they may be over weight in their luggage. This simple service saved us a lot of money and embarrassment.

The steam room was my favorite place to be. I can't say enough about it. The relaxation room outside of the steam room was quiet, private and beautiful. My sister enjoyed two spa days and she ranted and raved about how much she enjoyed her services. Since my sister is a massage therapist herself, I allowed her to give me massages - lol.

I must end my saying how much I enjoyed the Executive Lounge. The scenery was absolutely awesome at sunset. I got lots of pictures to prove it.

In know I said I was ending but I must say that I felt safe amidst all the talk of trouble in the Middle East. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request a rooms closer to the elevator. As a result of how the rooms are constructed, you won't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

For me, 3 factors makes for a memorable and repeatable hotel experience: (1) Facilities (2) Staff courtesy, effectiveness, and attention to detail (3) Value. Our five days at the Inbal which combined business with family, scored very high on all three. We found our room to be impeccably clean, spacious, comfortably appointed with everything working. No burnt out light bulbs, no shortage of hot water or any other problems. Hotel public spaces were welcoming and comfortable. With respect to staff, from initial booking, to follow up with Rita and Lorena, everyone was friendly, helpful, and efficient. Front desk people were always fully on top of any matter that arose. Restaurant and food service people we encountered including waiters, were all exceptional. Patient, accommodating, helpful and courteous. Finally, how did I feel paying my bill? I felt grateful. It was not inexpensive but it was exactly what was agreed upon. There was no nickel and diming and no unexpected items on the bill which are so common in many American and European tourist hotels. I look forward to returning and will probably book some Sukot holiday meals at the Inbal next week as our entire experience has been so enjoyable. I don't believe I have ever written as positive a review for any other hotel other than possibly the Shangri La in Taipei Republic of China where I also had an excellent experience. I thoroughly recommend the Inbal for a magnificently managed hotel with a high satisfaction level.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor facing the Old City of Jerusalem but I have had no experience of other room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Three days at the Inbal Hotel Jerusalem was an experience I would gladly repeat in the coming years.
The friendly and prompt service offered was above our expectaions.
For the holiday meals we invited our family who also expressed their total satisfaction with the
overall superior service offered.

Room Tip: as invalid requested a wheelchair accessible room and that is precisely what we got!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shlomit F, social media and communications manager at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mrs. Shahar

It was a pleasure hosting you here and we thank you for the lovely post. The Inbal hotel invests time, effort and resources to ensure the highest levels of service and comfort for our guests, so it is always nice to learn that we succeeded in doing our job.

I hope your visit to Jerusalem was interesting and enjoyable and that we will see you among our guests in the future .

We would like to invite you to become a part of our growing community of guests on facebook and receive our special offers for friends. To join us on facebook please click on the following (control click on it)

Kind regards,

Shlomit Ferber
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a big hotel near the old city. It was clean enough, service was fine, but total lack of atmosphere. The buffets for breakfast and Shabbot were very good. Service in the cafe and bar lacked any sense of urgency. This hotel attracts families and tour groups so that young children were all over the lobby, adding to a general sense of mayhem. Pool is nice. In all, a good choice, but nothing outstanding or memorable about it. If you like big chain style hotels, this is a good choice.

1 Thank JJudy
Dear Ms. Judy

It was our pleasure to host you at the Inbal and we thank you for taking the time to write this post.

At the Inbal, we are proud of the friendly personalized service our guests have grown to love and expect over the past thirty years.

Our unique architectural style characterized by Jerusalem stone with modern arches, inspired by the Jerusalem backdrop, creates a warm, welcoming spiritual atmosphere like no other.

We trust you enjoyed yourself with us and in Jerusalem and will be happy to host you in the future .

Kind regards,
Shlomit Ferber.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Touring through Israel this past summer with family for Bar-Mitzvah celebration, we stayed at the Inbal Hotel. Class and easy living. Even fresh towels delivered late in the day, not just in the morning.

Rooms were deluxe, fine views of Jerusalem abound. Easy access to Old City. Food was unbelievable. Breakfast buffet included up to 8 styles of breads, dairy section of extensive hard and soft cheeses, cereals, juices, and of course a plethora of smoked salmon, herring, holy mackeral and all the fixins.

Topped off with quality coffees, teas and exemplery service, the Inbal EXCEEDS quality standards and expectations.

Dinners were also outstanding.
Service with a smile, tasteful modern decor, location by the "Windmill" and so much more.

Consider the INBAL Hotel in Jerusalem for your visit to the Holy Land.

Room Tip: hi floor, best view request
1 Thank DavidHHall
Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My room was good, comfortable & clean but the view was not good as I overlooked the front entrance so I wasn't able to open the window. When I asked about changing the room I was told that as I was staying for 4 days I would be charged for an upgrade so in the end I made do. I was there as part of a God TV tour so there were quite a few of us staying in the hotel. The food was quite good, it's presentation was nice but the hot food didn't appear to be freshly prepared (could be as it was kept warm for sometime?) It is a great base for visiting Jerusalem although I found staff to be a bit impersonal compared to those in the previous hotel I had stayed in on the Sea of Galilee, where staff in dining rooms etc were very pleasent. Can't have it all I suppose!! .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
los angeles
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotels location is ideal and the pool was a lot of fun. But the rooms were kind of small and old but the staff was always pretty friendly.

My biggest complaint was no valet parking. I was traveling with 3 small children and having to park the car myself and get them and a stroller through the narrow parking garage and elevator was not a trip I looked forward to doing multiple times a day.

The kids club was just an open room with toys, no staff, or anything that stood out, just at the bottom of the hotel in a closed off area.
Breakfast was plentiful.