1,980 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesofia restaurantold citybreakfast buffetgerman colonybeautiful hotelking davidmamilla mallemek refaimhome away from homeshabbat dinnerlocation is excellentluxury hoteldining roomjaffa gatetour groupdavid citadel
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just stayed with my family at the inball. I booked executive loung rooms and I was not notified that the rooms were being remodeled . I got a regular type room. Washrooms need to be updated.
They should let kids in the lounge.other hotels in other counties like Italy, Canada USA, do

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank clodomira777
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I travelled to Israel carrying my wife's bags for a conference at the Imbal. This really is a 5 star hotel and by North American standards pricey but very well appointed.

We were met at the airport by the a transport company organized through the conference and not the hotel. Once this was figured out I understood why the hotel did not answer my request for information earlier on, I was looking in the wrong place.

Check-in was very simple and the room excellent. The included breakfast buffet was amazing in selection and quality. I really did not need lunch thoughout!

The restaurant was good although the menu limited (note: by placing your meal at the restaurant on your room bill the VAT is deducted for non-israeli citizens - if you pay cash, VAT is included). That having been said, you are within 2 minutes walk of Olive and Fish and 10 minutes walk of the some of the best restaurants in Jerusalem in the German Colony.

The quality of the food at the restauarant was excellent.

Support from the business centre is good (extra cost for using it) , and you have unlimited internet access in your rooms.

The concierge and front desk staff were great and helped to set up side trips very quickly, it was just a matter of asking.

Check out was just as simple as check in.

All in all, an expensive but excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MarcWh
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The rooms are comfortable; the ambiance is relaxed and friendly; the food is reasonably priced and delicious. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. I love the lounge; its a great place to meet friends or to have an after-dinner coffee and dessert. I stay at the Inbal each time I visit Jerusalem!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank IMAvisitor
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was stunned to hear that the hotel had recently undergone a facelift. The rooms were dated, bland and institutional, and reminded me of an average mid-market hotel in the US (Sheraton and Hilton) but at five-star prices (Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons).

However. the executive lounge was a highlight as the staff there were wonderful and the amenities there were top-notch and included breakfast, light dinner, cocktails, at no extra charge. I also checked out in the lounge and had my questions answered promptly and attentively.

The hotel is indeed in walking distance to the Jaffa Gate and the sites and there are taxis out front at all times.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank Emil K
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I arived at the Inbal for our second visit late on a Sunday night in May, following the usual Easyjet delayed flight from the UK and what a contrast with the shoddy airline service. Received an incredibly warm welcome - just like coming home to old friends - superb room overlooking the Old City - and the usual very high standard of food and service throuout the hotel.

The leisure facilties have to be the best in town. The Executive Lounge is a true oasis with a delightful range of light meals and drinks - even Bombay Sapphire. Need I say more.

This is not a cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for (as we dsicovered on our cut-price flight). We have stayed in other similar priced hotels in Israel and the Inbal is streets ahead in terms of the whole Home away from Home experience. keep it up. We will definitley be back next year.

Room Tip: Book an Exective Room - the use of the Lounge is worth every shekel or dollar or even Euro
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple