All reviews jaffa gate old city middle eastern breakfast excellent hospitality christian quarter healthy breakfast holy sepulchre complimentary breakfast quaint hotel perfect location stayed in this hotel for nights noisy at night rooftop terrace we loved our stay a lovely stay couple of nights would recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed July 7, 2015

Great hotel for anyone who cares more about a great location than a fancy hotel. What it does it does very well, the staff are super helpful, preparing lunches for us and opening breakfast early, and the rooms are clean. It's an old hotel and it shows, but it acts as a great starting point for anyone interested in visiting Jerusalem.

Room Tip: The AC units turns on at 6 pm. Some street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiMMey1
Reviewed June 26, 2015

This is a one off & should be visited. Faded elegance, quirky rooms. no lifts, (you do need to be fairly fit) excellent food, (do book half board, the chef used to serve the Pope) and a First Class Dad & daughter managment team who make you so welcome it'.s hard to leave! Plus the most convenient position just inside the Jaffa Gate with the Light Railway stop in easy reach. It is not quiet - but throw off the bedclothes & join in the fun. it's an experience NOT to be missed. The view from the roof over old Jerusalem is quite amazing.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank John F
Reviewed June 6, 2015 via mobile

Firstly do not come to this hotel if you want five star accommodation. Do come if you want five star service.

Everything about this hotel makes you feel that you are within the old city of Jerusalem. The hotel is a myriad of Christian/ Muslim influences.
I actually felt I had stepped into the a colonial era movie and most of the furniture and fittings come from then!
I haven't stayed in a hotel that is so full of intrigue and authenticity. I love it.
The roof top terrace gives spectacular views over the city. My room's balcony looks directly into Jaffa gate and provides hours of fun people watching.
The hotel is right next to restaurants and a couple office shops. You don't need anything else here.
If you are looking for your Palestinian Fawlty Towers, it's right here

Stayed: June 2015
4  Thank Dazeyduke76
Reviewed June 2, 2015

We stayed here for 5 days and the location to explore the Old City was perfect. We weren't expecting the Ritz but were a bit disappointed with the quality of bedding and the bathrooms. Be aware also that this hotel is not suitable for those with mobility issues as there are many stairs and no elevator.
Apart from the serious need of some renovation and making the lounge areas more useable and welcoming, we enjoyed our stay here. The breakfasts are generous and the staff very helpful and friendly.
One of the downsides was the noise from the streets below so lack of sleep was becoming an issue, but I guess that's the price you pay for the location.
Overall I was happy with the accommodation for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front to avoid the noisy side streets and pizza bar.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank nettyp42
Reviewed May 25, 2015

I stayed at this lovely Hotel for 35 days .The Staff were excellent and extremely helpful Specially Mr Dajani & his daughter Rania. The location is unmatched and centrally located close to Holly sites. I highly recommend it and I will stay there again. The food was plentiful and delicious . Thank you again Mr Dajani for providing a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Elias A
rony1974, Manager at New Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2015

On behalf of New Imperial Staff I thank you for the lovely words and your are more thank welcome anytime to your second home, hope to see you again

Rania