I spent four nights at the American Colony hotel December 26-29 and was very glad to have stayed. The room was a deluxe pasha in the east house and it was lovely. The bar was filled with atmosphere and the food was fantastic. I can imagine how nice the pool area is during warmer times. I had a fabulous massage.
The location in the Arab quarter makes the hotel unique. I moved to the Mamilla for the second half of my trip and am glad that I experienced both hotels. The American Colony has excellent service and food and an experienced staff. The guests are international and the hotel is really interesting and unique. Hearing the daily prayers wasn't noisy and bothersome as I had thought it might be. It made the stay interesting. You really feel like you are in a special and historic place. I would love to return. All the staff at the hotel were discreet and excellent. TO get to most sights, taxi or tram is necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant, historical Boutique Hotel with complimentary hi speed WiFi in all guest rooms and public areas, complimentary use of business centre and 20 minutes free local & international calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The American Colony Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Colony Jerusalem
- American Colony Hotel Jerusalem