This is a charming Hotel with lots of history. Despite necessary renovations the Hotel still managed to keep its personality, and you will definitively notice its remarkable elegance and style.
The rooms are very well decorated, in colonial style. The sleep quality is very good, and you will find all the comfort items you'd expect from a 5 star Hotel. Wireless Internet was free. Satellite TV was OK. The safe could be larger (not enough for laptops). The room size was very good, even if not in line with modern 5-star Hotels.
Breakfast was excellent, with a very large selection and great quality. Check in and check out were fast and efficient, and other areas (bars, gardens, swimming pool) are also very charming.
The Hotel complex has plenty of free parking. The Damascus gate of the old city is 10 minutes walk from the Hotel.
The price-quality ratio I got was excellent, but your mileage may vary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant, historical Boutique Hotel with complimentary hi speed WiFi in all guest rooms and public areas, complimentary use of business centre and 20 minutes free local & international calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The American Colony Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Colony Jerusalem
- American Colony Hotel Jerusalem