This hotel is very interesting as it was formerly a palace. The grounds are spectacular. There are older olive trees interspersed around the gardens and such. You can take a stroll, meditate, or meet with friends and you won't be disappointed. The rooms were very interesting. We stayed in a large mini-suite on the first floor. It was overlooking the pool. We were awakened by the early morning Azan or call to prayer. The ambiance was irreplaceable. Could I make changes to the hotel? Yes, but the experience was very worth it. Besides, how often can you say you've stayed in a palace before? Anyway, life is about creating memories and you will definitely walk away with some fond ones by staying here!
I brought my family (two young girls). They were in awe and loved the gardens. The breakfast was a Mediterranean style buffet and it was quite delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant, historical Boutique Hotel with complimentary hi speed WiFi in all guest rooms and public areas, complimentary use of business centre and 20 minutes free local & international calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The American Colony Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Colony Jerusalem
- American Colony Hotel Jerusalem