Ramat Rachel Resort
$553
$498
Waldorf Astoria
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$137
$562
$521
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskibbutz hotelbasketball courtdead sea productsrooms are comfortable and cleana short bus ridepassover holidaysoap and shampootour groupbeautiful place to staybuilding sitebreakfast and dinnerswimming pooldining roomstayed here for four nightsgreat poolold cityfitness center
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Ten years ago my husband and I were married at the Hotel Ramat Rachel and were very excited to go there with our twin five year olds. Although winters are cold in Jerusalem, we were looking forward to spending time in the heated pool and enjoying all the hotel has to offer. We arrived on a cold Friday afternoon. The room was absolutely freezing. We then noticed cold air was coming out of the air conditioner. We called the front desk and asked someone to come check it. We waited for over half an hour and still no one came, so we thought we'd take a nice, hot bath. To our dismay, there was no hot water. We called the front desk again and they said they would send someone. About ten minutes later, a man finally arrived. He checked the shower and said, "It's a big hotel. That's what happens when many people take a shower. There isn't enough hot water. I can't tell other people not to shower" (Well, being a hotel, wouldn't you think they'd try to solve the problem?) He then went to take a look at the air conditioner. He tinkered with it for a while, brought another man who helped them, messed around with it, said it was okay, and left. It wasn't okay, we froze all night. It was only fixed the next day, about an hour before we checked out.
The pool is within walking distance of the hotel, but there is no connecting corridor which means that in the freezing cold of Jerusalem, you have to walk outside for about 10 minutes. The pool itself was FREEZING as well. Our girls wanted so much to splash around that we finally gave in and went for a swim. After about 20 minutes, their lips had turned blue from the cold. Then, in the freezing cold, we walked back to the hotel.
And now for the pièce de résistance: When we got to our room on the first day, there was only one chair. Since our twins both wanted to sit and color, I asked the lady at the front desk if we could have another chair. She looked at me and said without flinching, "I'm sorry, but we don't have any more chairs in the hotel." I was so flabbergasted that I didn't even argue with her. (um, I saw lots of chairs in the lobby, in the restaurant… a bit of good will and imagination could have quickly solved the problem, but she couldn't care less.)
All in all, it was a freezing nightmare. We were sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank rinati
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We enjoyed staying at Ramat Rachel (we were there for 9 nights). The staff were fabulous and very friendly, helpful and attentive. Anytime we needed something in our room, it was taken care of immediately. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable. The dining area was very spacious. The breakfast was good—although it was the same thing everyday, so by the end of our stay we chose to get breakfast elsewhere. It was nice to be tucked away in such a quiet place. The grounds are nicely maintained and if you wanted to go for a leisurely walk, there is a lovely area adjacent to it. There is free internet in the lobby (but not in the rooms). We enjoyed staying here and would go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank designergirl0247
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I visited Israel for the first time and stayed in Jerusalem at Hotel Ramat Rachel for 5 nights. I was with a large (42) tour group consisting of five pastors, and many members of teir congregations. I really didn't quite understand the concept of a kibbutz until our tour guide, Doron, explained just how it worked. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and were warmly greeted by hotel personnel. The accommodations were clean, modern, bright, and made me feel safe. The food is excellent with many choices each day. There was a wonderful selection of salads and desserts. I especially like many of the middle eastern fare and was delighted to try something different each day. Breakfasts included things that I enjoy such as bacon and eggs, pancakes, waffels, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, etc. There is a gift shop that is fun, a jewelry store, and more. I didn't have time to do other things as we were out early and back to the hotel later in the day. The hotel lobby is lovely and modern. I highly recommend Hotel Ramat Rachel as an excellent place to stay while in Israel. This was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank windy64
Reviewed December 29, 2011

It's not in the city, about 10 km from the city center, but it's a nice and clean Hotel.
The rooms are new renovated, medium size, most of them with a wonderful view to the south, Betlehem and Herodion can be seen on bright days.
The breakfast is simple but good, not a lot of variety, like many other Hotels in Israel, but enough to start the day.

Room Tip: Ask for view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were totally overjoyed with our hotel. We had done an overnight tour through Thomson cruises and had no idea until the time we arrived as to what hotel we would be staying at.
The room was huge and the view overlooked the city of Bethlehem, it was an awesome view.
Our room was very modern, comfortable and had everything we needed to make our overnight stay as comfortable as possible. There was tea and coffee facilities in the room and the television had quite a few British channels.

We had our evening meal and our breakfast at the hotel and found the quality and choice available excellent.

If we were to visit this area again we would most definitely stay here again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple