“Great Hotel”
Review of Hotel Prima Kings

Hotel Prima Kings
Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 12, 2009

The hotel is great and a great location, I've stayed here several times over the years and it has improved. The elevators are slow, but it's a minor detail

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Prima Kings

Reviewed January 11, 2009

We Booked the Prima Kings through our agent in the states, when i had some requests i called the hotel directly and it was amazing how helpfull the staff was.
All the employees were exceptionaly courtesies and helpful.
I would like to acknoledge in particular, Ms. Fimi from reservations for her professionalism caring and sensitivity to my needs, she will be the reson for me and many other guests returning to the hotel......keep up the excellent work.
Yulia was also especially helpful, both Fimi and Yulia deserve special recognition

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed January 6, 2009

the hotel is in the central of city with very good service & food

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed at the Prima Kings in Jerusalem as part of a small tour group from our synagogue. As others have noted, the staff were not friendly. Only one was helpful when asked about a serious problem.

1. Room smelled like urine as soon as we walked in. I was instructed to meet the manager at the room. He told us he didn't smell anything! We felt we shouldn't be contradicted in that way. The desk clerk gave us another room. The room was small and dimly lit. There was not an outlet in the bathroom. A desk clerk finally gave us another room, but it had very ratty and dirty carpet. We chose to take the room anyway as we were told the hotel was close to full.
2. Staff were generally silent or ignored us.
3. Lobby furniture was shabby and faded.
4 Elevator was tiny! Four adults had better be best friends or related to one another!
5. There was no kleenex in room. Bath soap was one poker chip-size piece of very harsh soap.

We won't go back there.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Prima kings receive many visitors traveling by groups.
It's a good hotel with spacious rooms. Very quiet despite the place. No minibar. Good beds. Clean, absolutely.
Food is fine, but ist very narrow at the serving tables.
The restaurant is mostly full, warm and you have to sit very close to eachother. I think the reason is that is is to busy and they are missing the space.
Overall: a good hotel.
Location: 10 min walk to the old city centre: thats fine.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed July 13, 2008

My stay at the Prima Kings Hotel for the 2008 Yad Vashem Conference exceeded all of my expectations! (I had read some fairly lukewarm and even negative reviews on Trip Advisor before I left). I requested and was given a quiet room (in the back, not on the street). With an excellent mattress, sleeping was wonderful after full days at the conference and touring. The furnishings in the room were new as was the entire bathroom, and the room was maintained meticulously by the hotel housekeeping staff throughout our stay. I requested "half board", and the food for both the Israeli breakfast and dinner each night was excellent,, with so many choices for all, and such a reasonable rate! The front desk staff was courteous and helpful, and booked reservations for me at major sights that required advance reservations for English tours (such as at the new Har Herzl Museum and Israel Supreme Court), and also booked a shuttle service to Ben Gurion Airport after the stay that cost only $50. per person. We were able to keep our bags in the hotel baggage room all day (and to have easy access to it) while we enjoyed Jerusalem before our evening departure. The location of the hotel is great, just blocks from Ben Yehuda Street, the Conservative and Orthodox synagogues, and everything! I had stayed at the Kings Hotel (before it was a "Prima" hotel) and enjoyed it, although it was an "old" hotel then. Now, with its renovations and great staff and maintenance and food, I recommend this highly. The elevators were fast, and there never was a wait of more than a few seconds. And, the price, for what you get is incredible!

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed March 26, 2008

I stayed at the Prima for 3 nights. The room and overall condition of the hotel was average. The location was great - about 10 minutes walk to the Old City and 10 minutes to the city center. The service however, was poor.

Front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. The charged extra tax on the bill which I had paid in advance and included tax. When I asked what rate the tax was based on they couldn't tell me and just said that was what the computer said. Finally after arguing for 30 minutes and showing them my bill and rate they reduced the tax, though I didn't owe anything in the first place. I stayed at 4 other hotels in Isreal, all booked throughthe same site and this was the only place where I was charged extra. I felt ripped off and would never stay at any Prima hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple