“Dirty, dirtier and filthy”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Prima Kings Hotel

Prima Kings Hotel
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
london
“Dirty, dirtier and filthy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Okay then my review this hotel, is as the title states dirty dirty and filthy.

The entrance and central areas are dirty, they quite clearly need a serious carpet wash and or replacement of the carpets.

The dirtier is the actual rooms where the floor in my room had uneaten food from the previous occupant. And the net curtains were extremely dirty.

The filthy is for the chairs of which I have attached pictures quite clearly the dirt on these chairs is caked in and has been there for many years. This is not the same chair pictured twice but the two chairs in the room. How any hotel nt even a one star hotel but one that purports to be a four-star hotel can provide a room in such an appalling state is beyond me.

Unfortunately trip advisor doesn't allow you to give no stars and therefore automatically every hotel gets one star. I felt this hotel deserved something more than one star simply because the staff were decent and the staff at the breakfast room were exceptional. As I was walking out the breakfast staff asked me why I was not eating breakfast I told the gentelman I was in a big rush, they offered to make me a doggy bag to take it with me. I thought that was extremely nice. I was then persuaded to sit down and have a quick cup of coffee where they were rushing to try and serve me food that I could eat something. I found this exceptionally nice and deserved to be recognised.

However on balance this hotel is not fit for purpose and should be avoided. The other hotel I have written reviews on in Jerusalem, that I do not mention here as I think that would be inappropriate is probably a better bet. I'm still trying to find a hotel that I find a decent in Jerusalem.

One final point the beds are well passed the use by date, the spribngs stick into your body !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: take none !!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Givemeaholiday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
hollywood
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just spent one night actually 6 hours at this hotel. The rooms are the size of a closet, the elevator is the size of a closet. The front desk manager only said its not possible, instead of doing something. The lobby is ok and the breakfast is ok. Location is excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HollywoodYankee
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have stay in this hotel for second year. The mini suite was large enough for 3 people. The meals were ok+ and the chef Atilla prepared special meals for my wife suffering from ulcer.
The stuff was very polite.
We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zelig F
avi b, Manager at Prima Kings Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel.
The Prima Kings Hotel, takes a lot of pride of being a hotel that has been around for so many years in the holy city of Jerusalem. We are constantly working to improve and bring our product up to date, while still keeping our property simple, inviting and with a family hospitality atmosphere.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you again as our guest in the future.

Avi
Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was fine, but the rooms were very small. The bed took up almost e entire room and the bathroom was very small. He bathroom also did not get much air, so there was a mildew feel to it. The service was good and the food was good too.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location, no more than 10 minutes away from- everything. Very dated hotel, verging on Fawlty Towers. Rooms are tight but functionak. Bathrooms, likewise. The entire hotel needs some major investment to bring it upto 21st century, as well as some improvements in basic dusting.

The staff are all very friendly and obliging, with the exception of the catering manager. We were there for a Barmitzvah of our son, and had made detailed plans and agreements months before. We had to have copies of all the emails to hand, as his "memory" of what was agreed was poor. And his interpretation of concepts such as private and hall were novel and quite imaginative. After much shouting and threats of legal action, we finally got most of everything that was originally agreed, but were left with a bitter taste, that lingers.

• Stayed December 2012
Elqana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

With my husband I spend a wonderfull shabbat in the prima kings hotel in Jerusalem.
We enjoyed the room the meals and the balconey outside. The only problem was the noise from the street but the airconditioning helped us to sleep and avoid the noise.
Yhe location is excellent/ walking distance to the old city and wailing wall even on shabbat.The best thing in the hot summer of Israel is the weather in Jerusalem.
The service was good- rooms a little small but convenient.
Beds are good and that is really important.

Room Tip: If possible ask for room with balconey but not facing the main street in front of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went to the "Kings" for lunch and have encountered a rather miserable waitress who is apparently also in charge of preparing the food and handling the bills.
To start with, one can seat at the nice lobby for ages and only be attended after finding the lady in charge kind of hiding in her kitchenette. Eventually there she comes quite impatient, to tell you that most of whatever the printed menu offers is no longer available.
The finally served ("I am hear alone and cannot do it any faster" she said when we wondered about the prolonged waiting time, while being the only customers in the entire lobby) different salads were but tasteless cut cucumbers and remains of some additional vegetables with added cheese/egg or tuna, to form the different salad names.
The Croissants was however nice and crispy.

Room Tip: This review refers just to the lobby restaurant
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends