“just loved it!”

Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
ny
“just loved it!”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for 10 days.
It is the best 4 star hotel I have been to in Jerusalem.
The location is great. The breakfast is excellent . The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff was very helpfull and nice.
I would definetly visit there again.
on the 2nd day I received a letter thanking me for choosing the Prima Kings "for my extended stay" and a voucher for a free dinner - which was as great as the breakfast. A small token which showed me they care about their guests

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I really wanted to like this hotel but just couldn't warm to it. The first thing that greeted me was a foul stench in my bathroom masked with airfreshner. It never really disappeared. The room itself was fine, quite large and clean. The bathroom was dated and disturbingly there was a vent to the bathroom next door and you could see when the light was on next door. The lobby was fine if you want a bit of retro. The location is good and I could see the Old City from my balcony; it gave me a place to stand and get away from the smell in my room. The towels smelt vaguely of sweaty feet. The breakfast was fine but a lack of attention to detail spoiled it, no forks, a shortage of plates, hot water running out etc. The decor was drab and depressing. Dinner was an overpriced buffet with harsh lighting maring any ambience there might have been. Staff were adequate if a tad brusque. At the stroke of midnight the receptionist came and turned out all the lights in the lobby despite the fact some guests were still sitting there. Stay here if you get a good price otherwise there are nicer hotels. I would never eat there again.

• Liked — The view from my balcony
  • Disliked — The dining room and the pong from my drains
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I stayed at the Prima Kings on business for about a week. The breakfast was excellent. Rivals Israeli breakfast at other higher end hotels. The room was clean and decent. The best part was the location. It is 2 blocks away from Ben Yehuda Street and a 5 minute cab ride to the Western Wall (Kotel).

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank Florence B
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed January 23, 2008

The hotel is in an excellent location. The breakfast was also very good. However, they gave us a room that smelled so horrible, we were becoming ill. They did move us, but we learned that they knew about the problem yet still put us in that room. The other room was clean and no bad smell, but the hair dryer was broken. Also, the heat did not work in either of the rooms, and it was very cold at night. Some of the staff was friendly, some indifferent. Overall not horrible, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank profclio
Boston
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My mom and I were traveling around Israel and so we had rented a car. Having a car in Jerusalem ruined my trip there, not because of the driving but there was absolutely no parking at Prima Kings. We were told when we arrived that we could park in the parking lot next door, but by that they really meant an alley way with 3 parking spots (that is used by the staff). When I found no parking, except for meter parking on the street, the staff could really have cared less. When I explained that I couldn't leave my car at a 2-hour limit meter when I was taking an all-day tour of Jerusalem, the staff responded that it was my fault for not knowing there was no parking to their hotel.
In general, the rooms were fairly clean but old and looked like the place needed some remodeling. Also when we arrived to check-in at 2pm, the room wasn't ready so we had to wait until 4pm. Even by 4pm our room wasn't ready, so they had to give us a different room. The positives were the location and the breakfast, but it didn't make up for everything else. Next time, I'll stay at the Sheraton across the street or the Dan Panorama which is a block away. Both had parking, looked nicer and had friendlier staff than Prima Kings.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — unhelpful staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Just returned from a magnificent trip to Israel, having spent our last 2 days in Jerusalem at the Prima Kings.

I totally disagree with posts from earlier this year...perhaps these were before the renovations were complete. My room was on the 4th floor and others in our group stayed in rooms on other floors and no one had a single complaint. My room was absolutely clean, beautiful, modern and well-maintained. Yes, it was on the smaller side, more like a boutique hotel, however, Israel is more European than American so smaller rooms and smaller elevators are much more common than what we are more familiar with in the United States. There was a small balcony which looked out over the street, unfortunately not in the direction of the Old City, but nonetheless, a nice place to sit, reflect and relax.

My only complaints about the room are the lack of a clock radio (none of the hotels we stayed in provided one) and the lack of a shower curtain liner so the water leaked onto the floor - but many hotels in the US don't use liners either so that is not just a problem at this hotel.

Every room had a safe and a refrigerator and ample shelving and drawer space.

I found the hotel employees to be helpful, courteous and all spoke English. The people in the dining room were extremely nice and accommodating for our group. The food on the buffet was varied and excellent. There was never a shortage and it was constantly being replenished during every meal. There is a nice selection so guests who don't want Israeli food will always be able to find more traditional foods (i.e. cereals for breakfast which isn't traditionally part of Israeli breakfasts, traditional American favorites such as roast chicken for dinner).

We were there during the Jewish Sabbath and the majority of guests were observing the Shabbat and the hotel beautifully accommodated; however, we saw many people in the hotel throughout the Sabbath who were obviously not observing the Jewish Sabbath and comfortably continued with their touring, etc. As in most of Jerusalem on the Sabbath, stores are closed so in the hotel, the gift shop was closed...but this is in the Jewish part of Jerusalem where most everything is closed to observe the Sabbath. If you are not observing the Sabbath, you may be better off staying in Tel Aviv or in another town on the coast that is not as observant as Jerusalem.

The location is excellent...a convenient walk to the Old City or to the main downtown area.

Overall, everyone in our group really enjoyed our stay...excellent location, beautiful rooms and plenty of comfortable seating in the lobby and good food. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location, modern and clean accommodations
  • Stayed October 2007
5 Thank Mom2Boys
New York
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I stayed at the Prima Kinks for 11 nights. I was offered a good deal and I had, therefore, low expectations. This hotel, however, proved to be in every way a most superb choice. The room and the dining room were immaculatly clean, the sheets being changed every day. The elevator was reasonably fast and the entire staff, from the receptionist to the porter and waiter were very cordial and friendly. The AC the the provided small refrigerator worked very well and best off all, the breakfast was varied, plentiful and fresh. The location in cental Jerusalem is unbeatable. Yes, the place was packed but my room in the 6th floor was definitely quiet. The cons were lack of a parking lot, a small room and a slippery bathtub. I would most definetely come back to this hotel.

Stayed August 2007