“Good Spot to Stay”

Ranked #23 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Spot to Stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great prices and some wonderful views of the city. The food was pretty good-all buffet dining but very tasty. Also very busy-lots of tour buses and tour groups eating/staying here. It is away from the touristy stuff so you have to take a train/bus or drive. Room was nice, good bed and ok bathroom. Nice workout room. The business lounge is nice-much less crowded while offering a limited selection for breakfast but still enough for us. The staff were great and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Israel
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. Location not in the center with easy access. Clean rooms. Nice bathroom.
No smokers leftovers.

Dinner was very good. Welcoming staff.

lack of:
ice machine
wireless is not free
vending machines

free parking.

Room Tip: Ask for "close to elevators...". This is a BIG hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have mixed reviews about this hotel, but coming from Tiberius it was definitely an improvement. I stayed here with a tour group and was fortunate enough to have been put in one of the recently renovated rooms (7th floor). Apart from an EXCEPTIONALLY firm bed and no electrical outlet in the bathroom, the room was nice. I had a great view from the balcony although the step from the room to the balcony was unusually high. It was worth maneuvering the big step to see the view.
The food was good although not the best I had in Israel. I also didn't experience any problems with the service. Although the staff seemed quite busy during our stay, I was treated well when I dealt with them.
I believe the "Dan Group" is trying to upgrade this hotel, but there are still a few kinks to work out.
Several in our group didn't get the right bed arrangements and there seemed to be a lot of confusion in getting the mix up worked out. However, I will be quick to say that the owner himself came to the hotel and refunded money to those who had problems with the sleeping arrangements. Proof positive they are trying to upgrade this hotel.
The look and feel of the lobby and King David lounge are nice as is the balcony outside the King David lounge. However, a luxurious look doesn't help much when the wake up call computer malfunctions and you get a wake up call at 3:30 in the morning! I should also note that the free wi-fi (free only in the King David lounge) was a bit sketchy.
I do believe the owner/manager is on the way to making this a nice hotel, but at the time of my stay the best I can offer is that they are ALMOST there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed June 26, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and had a marvelous time.
We booked an executive room with the old city view and it was modern and comfortable -
according to our expectations. We also had access to the lounge and enjoyed our time there very much, loved the sweets, wine, and seating at the balcony facing the view of Jerusalem.
Staff in this hotel was welcoming and friendly and gave us a quick answer to every little request.
We enjoyed the most the Israeli breakfast - it is rich and special - a good verity to choose from and all fresh and tasty.
The hotel is only a few blocks from the light train station so this made our daily trips to the center very easy.
I would definately return on my next visit to Jerusalem,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited the hotel this April and there was nothing to complain to about - the service was great, the facilities were amazing, the food was great and the spa and outside pool were very relaxing. the hotel is located at a walking distance from the old city and for other destinations you can always use the bus or a taxi. I defiantly think that I would book this hotel again if I wanted to come for another vacation in Jerusalem

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the old city
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Jojo,
It is great when our guests take full advantage of the large range of facilities that we have to offer; thank you for sharing your experience. I would be delighted to welcome you back; as such, make sure to join the e-dan club for gerat deals and discounts net time!!

With regards,
Leora Last
Guest Relations
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Cons: Our tour group is staying in 6 rooms on the 5th floor taking the B elevators & we must be in the outdated, Shabbat observing rooms. The furniture is old & the air, lights & alarm clock are controlled by an old school panel in one of the night stands. People in our group experienced the following: 2 safes malfunctioned & needed maintenance, my bathroom lights went out & needed maintenance to hit the circuit switch, toilets were constantly dripping or running, air conditioning in one room wasn't blowing out cold air & the electrical outlets were in round recessed boxes so outlet converters couldn't be plugged in all the way. Oh and the mattresses were old & worn out. The hotel was part of our tour package but I heard it was $210 a night! Sooo not worth that price!

Pros: again the buffet breakfast & dinner was part of the tour package so I don't know how much it cost per person but the salad & fresh veggies selection cannot be beat! The hotel is 2 long blocks from the light rail station but the hotel is not centrally located but is actually at the outskirts of Jerusalem.

It must be just the Israeli culture where people are just no frills & curt and customer service does NOT come with a smile. Not sure I would stay here again though. I would say 3 stars at best.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank moo76dragon
queensland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stay somewhere else if you can, this hotel was dirty along the walls as we arrived at our room. The toilet had urine stains around the basin. The dining room (barn) ran out of cooked food continually and you had stand around the buffet waiting.. No drink service unless you chased the staff . .Arriving for breakfast to the delight of 15 salads all from last night but you had to hunt down the egg cook if wanted any. In the bar that afternoon returning from the sights you were left with a barmaid chatting to her friend and would not come over to our table until she was ready advising me that "I am a woman" ???.
This hotel won a Trip Advisor award for this year which we thought encouraging but either you were conned by votes or someone should visit the hotel to ascertain the validity of the award as it is not a good look for Trip Advisor to be awarding a property like this.
Maybe a new manager could shake this place up. Front office staff were good.

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple