King Solomon Hotel
Montefiore Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$164
$155
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$175
$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Agripas Boutique Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$130
Villa Ba Moshava(Jerusalem)
$270
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold cityhuge roombit outdatedminute walkshabbat elevatortour groupbreakfast and dinnerexcellent locationwalking distancefront desk staffjaffa gatemamilla mallben yehudasaladrefrigeratortoursland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The room we had was very large which was nice but it was definitely older and in need of some updating. The worst part of the hotel is it was dirty - they were slow to clean up and lobby and common areas were covered with crumbs several hours after meals.
When we arrived at the hotel and went to check out our room, the security guard was on the bed watching television and he had been smoking. The woman who checked us in was very nice, but the rest of the staff at the front desk was neither helpful nor very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank busterway
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We have stayed there 2 times once in 2008 and again in 2009. We were with a tour group from SC. The beds were comfortable. The staft was really nice. We could not have better service. It needs a little work. But who ever said that it had a smell have your noise checked. It was clean and could be. No order.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We cannot beleive the negative reviews on the King Solomon. Admittedly we were quite apprehensive after reading the scathing remarks re this hotel. Our tour group had huge rooms, nicely decorated, with large bathrooms (renovations have been done in the past 3 years). The food was delicious and the wait staff were not at all 'surly'. We feel when we interact with staff at any hotel, and treat them with courtesy, we receive the same back. The front desk were extremely obliging and any little glitches were attended to immediately. We had a room booked for our group to have some get-togethers, and it was set up for us, the heat turned on, screen provided for us, along with a table with tablecloth for the speaker. Compared to Dan Panorama with postage stamp size rooms, which is way more expensive, we have no hesitation in taking our group back again next year to King Solomon.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank CalebMicah
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Although the hotel is very well located, that is about the only positive thing I could say
about the hotel. I was with a Temple Group and when we registered, we were not
welcomed at all. In this economy, they are going to lose many prospective guests.
The room was adequate but not very clean.
The food was very poor and the Dining Room staff surly and inexperienced. I am a Tea
Drinker and each day for breakfast I had to ask several times for Tea.
The one other positive experience I had was the front desk calling a wonderful Doctor
for me when I became very ill. I can't praise Dr. Michael Goldsmith enough.
All in all, I would never recommend this hotel. It was my only bad experience in Israel.
Judy S.
Hewlett, N.Y.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I wouldn’t really use the word “dump” to describe our hotel because, on occasions, that would be a place you would want to go.

The public areas seems stale; both in smell and feel. I am pretty sure the hotel was built some time in the early to mid eighties and has not been renovated or repaired since. If you are a big fan of the “light wood/sweeping pastel floral prin”t look that was so popular in 1987, this is the place to go to see how well it has held up.

Our room, while large and possessing an OK view and small balcony, sported the theme of overly red fake cherry wood furniture that you may all remember from conference rooms and bank lobbies circa 1986. We did have heat, although it was either off or on; adjustments could be made by opening the window. The bed was low to the ground, too soft and came with very lumpy pillows. The bathroom was an odd color combination with a weak shower and leaky window.

The staff was cranky in almost every interaction.

Breakfast was a joke; cold coffee, stale bread, non-existant staff, you name it. On the third day I realized that “cream cheese with hair” was not a traditional dish and only an “extra” for the first two mornings.

The only nice thing I can say about the KS is that it had an available room, wasn’t located 10 miles from the old town and was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)