“David Citadel Hotel”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stay at the David Citadel 2-3 times a year and am always amazed at how they keep up with the times and competition. The hotel always seems fresh and is extremely well run by its professional staff. I love to have breakfast outside on the fourth floor restaurant where I can sit and admire at the walls of the Old City. This morning, my waiter Samir brought me hot Cappucinos and doted over me and my business colleagues like we were long lost friends. I'm fascinated how the staff seem to remember what I like from visit to visit. It's a good feeling. The rooms are clean and well appointed and have great showers, big bath tubs and fluffy bath robes and towels. If you have time, make sure you enjoy the pool and the fitness center. If you can afford it, splurge on a suite that has a private balcony that overlooks the Old City.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Thank you for such a rewarding review. We do try to exceed expectations and provide the very best service, so it’s really good to hear we’ve succeeded.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members, especially to Ata at breakfast.
We eagerly await your next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

i'm still here in israel in eilat every thing is fine israel is so beautiful, but i should write about the david citadel hotel in Jerusalem simply the best hotel in Jerusalem and what a warm welcome from the reception specialy Mr Elias he is so kindness person every time i needed help i talked to him he was so helpfull ,i'm planing next summer to visit jerusalem once again and i dont need to think where i should stay, because honestly nothing like the david citadel, best regards to the hotel staff and special regards to the receptionist Elias :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 79Johnk12

Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will pass your great comments to the entire staff - especially to Elias from Reception.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Truly, breakfast each morning was the highlight of our stay at the David Citadel. Not only was the mix of food delicious, it was met with service of the highest quality. Ata Bayah helped us each morning for one week and he was a delight - the epitome of professionalism and service...and a nice person all around. We appreciated his presence, which made each breakfast a true experience to remember.

Room Tip: Don't trust the "new city view." From many rooms this is a view of electric generators...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will defenetly pass your kind comments to our team members- especially to Ata at Breakfast.
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay,and hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I came to The Dan Citadel with my grandfather to visit his dying brother in Feb ( i nwo it was a couple months back but I find a some documents that made me remember how I was truly blown away by the professionalism and warmth of all the staff. Saying that I must give mention to one individual that honestly deserves recognition. Ata Bayah - I am a well travelled individual and I have never received such warm and hospitable treatment from a staff member- you should proud that Ata represents and advocates the hotel in such a manor! He would go out his way for me and remembered by order every day with out me saying a thing - as if i was at home!! (blew me away)!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for posing this great review.
We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests.
I will gladly forward your comments to our staff members- especially to Ata.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just wanted to complement the management and staff for a very positive experience staying at this hotel. We experienced excellent service from the guys who kept the room well maintained (sometimes 3 times in a day!!!) all the way to their polite restaurant personnel. The pantry offered a wide array of balanced breakfast choices and we received top-notched service from several of the staff, particularly: Said.

The hotel's proximity which is a few minutes walk to the Walled City makes this place a solid choice to those who'd prefer "being there" than "commuting just to get there". We think that it benefits similar pilgrims and far out-weighs the room cost. We are definitely recommending this place to family and friends.

Moses

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Moses2735

Many thanks for your review and compliments; I am delighted we provided the service we believe you are entitled to, and we strive to provide.
I will forward your warm words to the entire staff.
We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This centrally located hotel is an excellent spot inwhich to stay while visiting Jerusalem. The staff was well trained and accomodating although the attention to detail in our suite could have been improved. Our complaint was that the television would not work unless a particular switch was turned on. That proved annoying since the lights would turn on as well. Two staff members stand out as excellent in particular. One is Yael Zins in guest relations and the other is Ata Bayah, a waiter in the dining hall where we enjoyed excellent breakfast every morning.
We dined once in Scala, the chef run restaurant in the hotel. It was below average with very poor service and mediocre food. Once again, the hotel was great and we would stay there again. We just won't eat at the restaurant..

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first two lower level of rooms. They are too close to the noisy traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank GrandmaShirl

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, but I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect .
I will forward your kind comments to the employees you have mentioned,
We look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

First time in Jerusalem and we thought this was an excellent choice. A great location, very nice hotel, nice size rooms, and nice size bathroom with l'occitane products. Had a small problem at check in when we were not given the room type that we requested I called the front desk and Tarck took care of it immediately. After that, if there was anything we needed he made sure it was taken care of.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Secohen

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.