“Great service”

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
New York
“Great service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd time within two months staying here.Our family met during the recent passover Holiday,you can see the Hotel adding extra staff per guest.They really make a effort to see that everything about your stay is pleasant.
This trip I had a room on the top floor facing the new city I was sleeping like a baby with not hearing the traffic and noise below. Go and enjoy,step into the executive lounge for a quick photo of the majestic view the staff will let you in providing you are a early & swift and of course just ask.

Clean neat and willing to please all around you won't fine a better location or service.

Thank you for making 2014 Holiday so special .

Mm

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
It is our goal to provide the best service to all our guests , given by our staff.
I will pass your kind comments to all our staff with great pride.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to host you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lawrence, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel appeared to full for the entire Pesach 4/14-4/21.
Front desk personnel were polite and friendly and so were the housekeeping
Personnel.some of the dining personnel appeared in experienced.
We opted to pay additional for executive lounge.This was the best decision we made,
As the manager Revital welcomed us with a warm and friendly Hello on
Our first visit to the lounge and subsequent visits remembered and greeted us by our first
Names.she also expertly assisted my who is partial disabled.I found Revital to be a most
competent and efficient manager.

Room Tip: View old city
1 Thank Nettie89
Thank you so much for posting your kind review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay,as this is the way for us to know we did well.
I will forward your comments to the entire staff especially to Revital at The Executive Lounge.
Hope to see you again soon among our guests.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Best location in Jerusalem. Old city is steps away. Beautiful modern hotel with very friendly staff. Great breakfast selection. Said was a excellent waiter. Always knew what I wanted when I got there. Super friendly. Check in was fast and easy.

• Stayed April 2014
My many thanks for your business and your wonderful review..
Thank you also for your nice comments regarding the service, and especially the service at breakfast you received from Said.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.
suburbs of Philadelphia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We came to the David Citadel on Saturday evening. Pesach started on on Monday. I was a bit disappointed to see that the hotel already turned over for Pesach. I was looking for was looking forward to the yummy foods of Israel before the Chag. Luckily, I got them that night on Ben Yehudah Street. I guess how can they turn it over in a short time? Disappointed, but I understand.

The location is perfect. A short walk one way to the Old City/Kotel, the other way to Ben Yehudah St.

We got a family room facing the new city. The room faced a playground on one side and the street one another side. For $800 some odd dollars I shouldn't see a playground. Where was the new city? The room itself was big. There was a hallway where the closets were when you first walked in. Then, the room opened up where there was a sofa bed for 1, a rolling bed put out for my other daughter and the main bed for us. There was enough room to walk around. The beds had old/worn sheets on them. One of the beds the sheets had holes. The floor was carpeted, but not plush,it was flat, worn and you could feel the hard floor underneath. Again, for this price, not acceptable.

The bathroom was a nice size for the 4 of us for a hotel. Great L'occitane products, as it should be at this hotel level. There were nice robes and slippers, plus nice sized towels.

Breakfast was spread out in the dinning area and outside. There was every israeli salad you could think of, red cabbage, apple/jicima, carrot/raisin, and others I have not ideas, but had them all. Then there were plates full of cheeses and plates full of smoked fishes. There were yogurts, where you could add fruit, honey and even chocolate bits. Then there were Kosher L'Pesach pancakes, shakshuka, hard boiled eggs, mini quiches and a man making omelets or whatever eggs you wanted. There was also a cake area for your breakfast sweet tooth.

On Sunday we sat outside overlooking the pool and old city, which was lovely. But on Monday all the tours and rest of the tourists came. Breakfast on Monday was a Balagan and the hotel was overwhelmed. Haven't they done this before? Oh and to my fellow American Jews, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Were you brought up in a barn?! Pushing around the buffets, grabbing seats for breakfast and "saving". What are you 12 years old? One woman actually said to me that I must not work and that is why I got there before shabbas. She works and had to be at work on Friday so she couldn't come until the Sunday flight. REALLY??? I do work. How dare she! I was about to let her have it, when my daughter gave me a look of "don't engage". I just said I work in a Jewish Day School teaching Special needs students, the best kind of job EVER! I then walked away.

The Seder that evening was different than I thought. We went to the seder with the Hazzen. It was a small room with maybe 50 people. I thought it would be a HUGE seder with 200 people together doing seder. Most people had private seders. Some had a few seders going on at one time in the same ballroom. How do you concentrate on your seder when another is right next to you? Our seder was, well, a seder. It went by the book. It was fine.

The food was delicious. There was chopped liver, gifilte fish, soup, choice of appetizers, choice of dinner (fish, duck or steak) and strawberry mousse in a chocolate cup and another dessert I forget. All delicious. I will say... the food was really, really good.

The service was fair. They brought out 3 out of 6 appetizers so by the time the 3 were done the others got theres. It was not timed correctly. Then the server brought the soup before clearing the appitizer plates so he had nowhere to put the soup, yet could take the appetizer plates because the soup was on his tray. We had to advise him on what to do. At almost $300 per person for the seder meal, this is not acceptable. I'm going to take a guess and say this was spare help. But again, haven't they used spare help before?

We came purposely to this hotel for the seder Yom Tov days thinking it would be better being at the big name hotel, but for the up charge that they make you pay for Pesach I'm not sure it's worth it all. Between the amount of people there and the service level over the chag, I feel they were overwhelmed and it was over priced. I think at heart I'm a boutique hotel girl.

1 Thank sedrait
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time and post your great and detailed review.
We do strive to create the highest hospitality level,and your comments prove we are on the right track .
I will definitely pass your comments to the entire staff with great pride .
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel was rated 5 star on several different sites. Unfortunately, I beg to differ.
The hotel is perfectly located near the Old City. While the breakfast is included, there wasn't anything served hot, that was supposed to be hot. Cold eggs, cold pancakes, terrible service most of the time. Nearly impossible to get a HOT cup of coffee. If you could find a waiter, it was luke warm. I would say that the mistake was ours, going during Passover, but we were there the week prior as well.

A disappointing experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite nice, be sure to face the old city, and don't bother getting sucked into the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joystoy99
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect . As we learn from all comments, I can assure you we will check your comments thoroughly.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

it was our first visit to jerusalem this hotel was close to old city and holy places.. we received a good service from everyone specially from the receptionist Mr.Elias he was very friendly and helpful he made our stay enjoyable and hopefully if we visit Israel again David Citadel will be our first option

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for taking the time to post these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members- especially to Elias at the reception.
I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

It was a great erev hag dinner for me and for the family in David Citadel hotel. It was a unique experience specially with the amazing smiley waiter Bilal. Thank you, and as Bilal said to us that the hotel will love to see us again. We tell the hotel that we would definitely do it again.

• Stayed April 2014
Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will forward your kind comments to the entire staff - especially to Bilal.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.