“Excellent Excellent Excellent”

Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Excellent Excellent Excellent”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just checked in for my second time at the David Citadel. My room is perfect (just like it was 2 years ago when I was here). The staff is great. Our group sent to Seasons for supper where we had Fteiha and Manuel taking care of us. They were amazing. Took care of our every need and each course was presented in an exciting way. Fteiha and Manuel are treasures at the David Citadel. Can't wait for the next 5 nights!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Old City.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
My sincere thanks for such very lovely compliments. We do try, and it’s rewarding to know we provide the luxury hospitality we strive for.
I will pass your comments to our staff with great pride.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in a balcony room overlooking the old city. Very spacious room and bathroom, comfortable bed, courteous staff, and delicious food. Bedding, bath robes, and towels were luxurious. On the first night we discovered the voltage converter we brought with us did not function. The staff responded right away and brought us one of their converters, at no charge.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ralph C
Thank you for such a rewarding review. We do try to exceed expectations and provide the very best service, so it’s really good to hear we’ve succeeded.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were impressed by everything about this hotel We were particularly impressed by the staff in the Executive Lounge who bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable. Thank you to Tiferet, a most delightful young lady who is destined for big things. Revital and Daniel also made us feel very much at home. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We just left the David Citadel and the hotel was excellent. The staff was overly accommodating. Every morning they checked to see if we were happy and if we needed anything. The best part of my day was being greeted by Samir at breakfast each morning. By the second day he was already asking me if I was ready for a cappuccino before I even asked. What a perfect way to begin each day. The service and facilities are really top notch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time and post your great review.
We do strive to create the highest hospitality level,and your comments prove we are on the right track .
I will definitely pass your comments to the entire staff -especially to Samir - with great pride.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
RICHMOND HILL
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in the Hotel from the 19th - 25th January, 2014
The Room was on the top (10th) floor and was spacious and bright with two good views!

Fruit and wine was on offer on arrival, (a nice touch) the bathroom was nice and great luxurious toiletries, bed was comfortable and all together a great room experience..

This Boutique Hotel is in the heart of the Old City in Jerusalem, very pleasant lobby, and the staff were helpful, This Hotel provides good kosher food, so milk and meat restaurants are separate...

The Breakfast was included in the price, and is a well stocked buffet.... to me a down side
I would reallly expect a 5 Star Hotel to have an a la carte breakfast, but nevertheless it was good.

The pool area was nice and spacious, and has great views...

All in all, I would highly recommend this Hotel, especially if you want to walk to the Old City and the Western Wall, and the tourist stores!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms give great views!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ofra A, Hotel management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your kind review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay,as this is the way for us to know we did well.
Hope to see you again soon among our guests.
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I just returned from a six night stay at the Citadel Hotel - the first time I have stayed here. This hotel was definately more luxurious and the staff friendlier than my previous stay at the King David Hotel which is just up the block. The front desk staff, Garro and Yardena, were gracious and very knowledgable in providing directions and help during my stay. I followed the tip to stay in a room with access to the executive lounge - which is definitely one of the best features of the hotel. Tiferat and Revital would greet me each day when I came to relax after touring the city and were always very friendly and informative with tips on getting the most out of my visit. Yael, the customer service representative, went out of her way to make sure that each guest was happy.
The food was delicious - the breakfast was great. A large assortment of fresh salads and an omelet station with friendly waiters, especially Said, who greeted me each day with my coffee just the way i liked. I also had shabbat dinner and lunch at the hotel which were fantastic and saw friends who were staying at other hotels come to eat their shabbat meals here.
Finally the rooms were very spacious - we had a suite and couldn't be happier with the accommodations, king size bed, separate vanity desk alcove, spacious bathroom, or the view of the old city. There was also a delightful patio we could sit out on and enjoy the view. Our housekeeper was so nicel and replenished the l'Occitane bath products each day.
We truly enjoyed our stay and were very sad when Harel helped us with our bags and into our waiting car for the airport.
The location is perfect - across the street from the Mamilla Mall, ten minute walk to the Jaffa Gate and incredible views from your room and the Executive Lounge of the old city.
Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Old city view is money well spent. Access to Executive Lounge worth the extra cost
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review.
Thank you also for your nice comments regarding the service, and especially the service at the executive lounge and at breakfast , you received from our team - Revital and Tiferet,and others.
I will surley forward your comments to the entire staff with great pride.
Hope to see you soon among our guests.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at the hotel in December 2013. Manuel Arbid from the front office was extremely helpful in making my stay as comfortable and as luxurious as possible. When I explained a misunderstanding about my booking he was very efficiently in finding a solution and gave me a room that was so brilliant, I cannot forget it. I felt very privileged to have the great location I had, and I was spell bound and mesmerised by the view of the old city in front of me.

To my mind, and according to my extensive experience with hotels, Manuel is very special in the hotel services community in that he has a capacity to understand the individual and specific needs of each of his guests.
Sara

Room Tip: Rooms facing the old city of Jerusalem
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posing this wonderful review.
We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests.
I will forward your comments to our team members with great pleasure, especially to Manuel.
Hope to host you again soon.