“An Awesome View”

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Miami Beach, Florida
“An Awesome View”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a hotel to remember. This is a well maintained hotel with classic elegance. A world class property in an excellent location. Many restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Strongly recommend a room with a view of the old city. At night it is a priceless view of one of the worlds most remarkable cities. The executive lounge is a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The hotel staff went out of their way to provide service. My positive impressions of the David Citadel Hotel began with Katy Peer the reservation manager,continued by meeting Yaniv Shoham, seeing Revital the executive lounge manager in action and experiencing the helpful assistance of the hotel employees who quickly responded to any requests.

Room Tip: A view of the old city is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
My sincere thanks for such very lovely compliments. We do try, and it’s rewarding to know we provide the luxury hospitality we strive for.
I will pass your comments to our staff with great pride.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I recently spent two weeks at the David Citadel Hotel. The service was excellent, and each day got off to a wonderful start with the hotel's fabulous breakfasts. The hotel's proximity to the Old City and the Mamilla mall was a big plus. We would definitely stay there again.

JoeinLA

Room Tip: The rooms down the hall from the lobby, where you don't have to use the elevator, are surprising...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ofra A, Hotel management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Kind thanks for your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great Choice

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for ten nights -one extra night due to the historic snowfall in Jerusalem.- and had the Alcove Deluxe Room ,which provides an
excellent view of the Jaffa Gate. The service was superb, from the front desk -headed by Manuel, to the Concierge desk headed by Tzachi and Ari; our needs ,especially coping with the effects of the "severe" snowstorm that struck Jerusalem during our stay, was handled with aplomb and grace by the entire staff. We were advised by Chemi Gur, the General Manager of the hotel, who parenthetically is extremely personable and gracious, that there is a plan to renovate the various rooms at the hotel in the very near future ,a plan that I believe is extremely worthwhile

Room Tip: Alcove Deluxe Room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for such a rewarding review.
We do try to exceed expectations and provide the very best service, so it is really good to hear we have succeeded, all the more so from loyal guests. We eagerly await your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Clean and aesthetic rooms, busy hotel in a perfect location next to Mamilla and easy access to Old City. Rooms are vey functional with adequate closets/drawers and comfortable bathrooms. Breakfast buffet can be a zoo, allow time if you want an omelette. Excellent wi-fi. Very popular with groups

Room Tip: We were overlooking pool and Old City. In december there was zero pool noise from 6th floor. Pool...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
new york
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Citadel for 5 nights. In the past we have stayed at the KIng David and the Inbal. We really loved this hotel and will come back in the future. The check in was easy, for a small fee I got the old city view. The rooms are large but could use a bit of color on the walls or some photos or other decorative touches. The bed was very comfortable, my husband thought that the pillows were too flimsy, I thought they were great. If they wanted to, the hotel could have an additional firmer pillow in the closet. The bathroom was huge and clean.

The view was just stunning and the balcony with chairs was a nice touch.

The selection at breakfast was wonderful, delicious and the staff very helpful, especially Samir who even remembered what I liked to drink after the first day. We also had the Shabbat dinner on Friday night and our group of 14 ate well and thought that the service was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members-especially Samir at breakfast.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon.
Ramalla
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights, i was greeted by the front desk staff and taken to my room. Breakfast was wonderfull, amazing view of the old city. Manuel was there all the time for us and provided the help we needed.
Take the alcove deluxe room.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for posting your kind review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay,as this is the way for us to know we did well.
Hope to see you again soon among our guests.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just returned from Jerusalem during which I spent 4 nights at the David Citadel hotel. This was my second time staying there in the last 3 years. The location of the hotel is excellent and the hotel staff are great, but for the suggested caliber and standard of this hotel it does fall far below my expectations. I am used to true 5 star hotels and honestly, this hotel is not near that level. There are many things about it that are 5 star but there are also several glaring omissions that do pull it down.
Firstly, the rooms are ok and the views and location are excellent but simple things, like the lack of a coffee maker in the rooms and the lack of fresh soaps and hair products every day drag it below the expected 5-star level. As well, I could not find a pen or pad of paper anywhere in the rooms.
I know these are little things but for the prices they charge and the status they claim to have these are really not little things at all.
As well, the rooms are quite bland and not well appointed or designed.
They could do a lot better.

Room Tip: high floor, old city view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mrisin
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect and look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience.