“Back to the Best”

Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Livingston, New Jersey
“Back to the Best”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Always enjoy staying at the Citadel in Jerusalem. Best location with great access to Old City. Staff is terrific. Great welcome from Munir the front office mgr. Thanks to Manny and the rest of the staff. Breakfast is warm and welcoming. Said takes care of every need down to the best Cafe Afuk. thanks also to Abed for his service at breakfast. Can't wait until my next visit.

Room Tip: Alcove rooms are worth it for the best view in the city
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ofra A, Executive Secretary at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family was there for succot holiday and we thought the food was excellent. The new chef did an incredible job and we were really impressed. As mentioned earlier the view is also incredible, probably, the best in Jerusalem. If possible, i recommend upgrading to a room with an Old City view, you will love it! In terms of the service, I think the hotel is average. Honestly, I have stayed in Holiday Inn's with better service. While the front-desk is nice, they are usually understaffed and take too long to provide assistance. The concierge is pretty good, but besides for Ariel and Aviad, the rest of the staff will not always "go the extra mile" to assist you. The food staff is a whole other story. Samir and Attah are incredible, and Youssef and Said are pretty good, but the rest are slow and lazy. In terms of their food management I was very dissapointed. The managers dont smile, and make a big deal about everything. They opened up breakfast later then they were supposed to, did not have the omlette maker ready when supposed to, and continuously messed up seating arraignments. In terms of managment, Ramzi is great, and Abed is also very helpful. The rest are terrible, and would not be able to work at most three star hotels I have stayed at. They finally got free wifi but they went skimpy on the service provider, as it is pretty slow. The furniture is outdated, and has been the same since atleast 2006 when I started staying there. All in all, I think beyond the view and food, they should watch out for the Waldorff, which will be opening across the street. I love the hotel and hope it improves, because they have significant problems that need to be addressed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I regret your experience was anything short of the absolutely wonderful hospitality which is our goal.
We thank you for taking the time and let us know your comments, as we learn from each and every one of it.
I do hope you choose to return for a much improved stay, in the best traditions of the David Citadel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

First trip to Israel,landed took hired car and drove to The David Citadel Hotel,very close to the Old City(5 mins walk.)My booking was helped by Munir Salman,who turned out to be the FO Manager.Fantastic and courteous,he is a perfect Hotelier!Extremely helpful and our stay was impeccable,from valet parking to free Internet!
We were also recommended a fantastic guide Saleh,whose knowledge and experience was second to none.We went on a private walking tour and then to Olive Mount and covered all!
Against some advice,we then went with Saleh to the West Bank,Bethlehem,Hebron,Jericho,River Jordan,Moses Tomb,St Georges Monastry and back!!!!

Room Tip: It was a Jewish festival and Hotel was full.Old city facing rooms looked great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arun h
ofra A, Executive Secretary at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this nice review.
I will definitely pass your comments to the entire staff, especially Munir our Front Office Manager.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We came back to The David Citadel after 9 years. Our experience in 2004 was subpar, but we hoped for the best.

We rented a mini-suite, which is a big room. The furniture is old and should be replaced. The fabrics are dated.

We prepaid for very expensive holiday meals. The service was horrendous. The food was amazing the first night, but after that we saw much of the same menu meal afrer meal.

Next time we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
I truly am sorry we seem to have fallen short on your recent stay.
We would welcome the chance to host you again and restore your faith in our service.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hi my wonderful fiance decided last minute to spend the Chag in Israel. We booked at the David Cidatel and I have to say it was an incredible experience.
Tarek checked us in and took such good care. He was so helpful and gave me extra chocolate and his phone charger when I lost mine. Tarek is the best. He doesn't sleep always there ready to help and smiling. Tarek rocks!

• Stayed September 2013
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members- especially Tarek from our Front Office..
I am happy you and your fiance enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon.
NY
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Behind the reception desk is a young man named Elias whose attitude and helpfulness are exceptional. He should be utilized as a role model and perhaps even tapped to help train his peers.

The pricing policy imposed upon Executive Lounge usage penalizes solo travelers as the price is assessed per room and not per person. The food served in the Executive Lounge has been downgraded since I last visited several years ago and for me no longer merits my previously-held enthusiastic acclaim.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank M P
ofra A, Executive Secretary at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
My warm thanks for your lovely review. We are proud to have team members like Elias, who provide exactly the outstanding, attentive service we feel our guests deserve.
We are proud to be your choice Jerusalem hotel and thank you for your loyal business.
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our holiday spent at the wonderful David citadel hotel was a pleasurable one!!
our room was cleen and every day was cleened and arranged so nicely by YUSSUF under supervision of ANNAN. The food was verry good and was served elegantly. The view fom the hotel is outstanding and it is located near the old citiy and a beautiful shopping mall. The whole staff is great and tried to please us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your lovely review, I will definitely pass your comments to the entire stuff, especially YUSSUF from HK.
We do appreciate it and look forward to providing many more superb hospitality experiences.