“I'd stay here again.”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“I'd stay here again.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a great hotel to stay in. The rooms/bathrooms were very nice and clean. Great shower. The breakfast buffet was plentiful but the dinners could've had more options. The service from the staff was very good. There was a particular waiter during breakfast who was outstanding. His name is Ata. He was always full of smiles and ready to meet any needs you might have. He was a joy to see every morning and I'm grateful for the service he gave me. He is a great representative of The David Citadel hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so for your lovely compliments; I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've always wanted to try out this place and it is not bad, but at roughly 10% less than the price of the King David, there is no comparison between the properties. I had an old city view junior suite. The room wasn't bad; had a nice terrace with a decent view (but not like the King David views); but it is a very minimalist room decor and has all the warmth of a Hilton. It just feels cold throughout the place and I felt lonely there and in my room; maybe it's just the open spaces and all the jerusalem stone. I don't know. The gym is the highlight. Service was eh? to all right (some of the service was really cold and in other areas more friendly and accommodating) and the breakfast was decent but nothing special. The executive lounge has newspapers, one PC and some food (mostly cut up vegetables during the day), and the lounge closes at 10pm. No kids allowed. I didn't feel the lounge was a great premium and they had a sign that said that anyone could buy in to the lounge for $70 a day (definitely not worth it). There are 2 PC's in the lobby and they are slow as molasses. By the way, while I was in town I visited the Inbal. Very small rooms unless you have a suite with a connecting room and there are only 2 of those and even those are kinda small. Basically, if you are going to pay $875 to the David Citadel for a junior suite and lounge privileges, you might as well pay $950 to the King David through American Express Platinum, and get the upgrade from the junior suite as well as all the goodies that come with it. The Waldorf Astoria hasn't opened yet. Looking forward to seeing the new competitor on the block next year. I suspect though that it won't have old city view rooms except for maybe a few. They'll have to have really good service and food to stand out.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 649ic
I truly am sorry you did not enjoy your stay; I wish I’d had the chance to meet you and provide the attentive and friendly service we pride ourselves on, and am happy to do so upon your next stay.
north york
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The truth is out the citadel has crumbled with poor service, arrogance and frayed amenities . Some of the recent reviews tell the truth there is no five stars only a magnificent position and worn out rooms and reputation which will be difficult to resurrect. Shame on me if I stay here again

Stayed November 2012
4 Thank abnorthyork
I do regret you did not enjoy the superb experience we strive to provide. We’d welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hospitality, once we begin refurbishing all guest rooms this upcoming year.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the David Citadel for four nights. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The breakfast was superb. Housekeeping was wonderful. Within five minutes of calling them, they were at our door. The beds were extremely comfortable. The best thing was the location, near everything. We have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and do thank you for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just spent the weekend at the hotel. From the "welcome to the good bye" everything was just perfect. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Nice size and elegantly furnished. The service all around was impeccable!
The out door seating for dinner was pleasant and very romantic. Food was delicious!
Eating at the lobby was nice but no one ever came back to check if we need anything else.
Other than that it was a beautiful weekend. It was a nice walk through the old city to the "wall"
The shopping across the street at the Mamila out doors mall was lots of fun!
I will be back....

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the old city are best!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Weekends here really are very special and I’m delighted you so enjoyed it. Many thanks for your compliments and we look forward to providing many more such wonderful visits.
Southampton, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here for the Succoth holiday 2012.. We were charged over $600 a night for a small room on the ninth floor. The room looked shabby and less than clean. While we looked forward to "fabulous meals" we were disappointed by poor selection and dismal service.

This hotel needs to rein in its workers, they need to pretend to care. Pass this place up, unless you get a rate of under $150 a night. There are better options.

Sterling Churgin. Southampton NY.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sterling C
I can assure you we care very much indeed, hence I truly am sorry your experience fell short of the superb hospitality we strive for. I do hope to welcome you back for a much improved experience.
Italy
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed the David Citadel hotel in Jerusalem three times now. Each time I'm there I'm reminded why I continue to come back. The service is top notch, the rooms are clean and spacious and the executive lounge on the 10th floor, which was included in my room rate, has free drinks and snacks from 7 AM until 10 PM.

The breakfast buffet is good. The gym is modern, clean and is better equipped than most hotel gyms. The large outdoor pool area is beautiful. The hotel is a five minute walk from the old city and there are plenty of restaurant options within a five minute walk. The hotel is next door to a high end mall.

I'll be back. I highly recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
It’s our great pleasure to welcome back returning guests; I’m delighted it’s evident!