“Outstanding Management”

Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
“Outstanding Management”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend the weekend at the David Citadel, despite living only a 10 minute car drive away. My husband had hurt his knee and was having trouble walking up and down the steps in our home. We mistakenly believed there was a jacuzzi and indoor pool. Immediately after checking in and entering our room, I called the spa to find out about entrance and was told there is no jacuzzi and the pool was outdoors, although heated. As the facilities did not meet my husband's needs, I went down to talk to the manager and explained the problem. We were allowed to check out immediately, without any cost. The manager was very courteous and understanding. I'm not sure we would have gotten such courtesy at another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
We’re happy to be accommodating when we can, and I’m pleased we could extend the courtesy. I wish your husband a speedy recovery and look forward to hosting you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have been a member of the hotel's gym for the past few months. From the moment I walked in and was warmly greeted by the manager and receptionist Tal and sarah I was hooked! The showers and steam room are kept immaculately clean by the always cheerful Qusay and Ibrahim who somehow never get in your way. And the gym itself is fabulous! Airy with lots of sunlight pouring in from the full length glass windows, plenty of machines, and its clean and smells great. Yes, a sweaty gym somehow smells good. The music is all the latest hits and its never too loud. There are 2 big televisions in the middle of the gym and all the machines have a full media system with tv, games and a slot to collect your own iPod. And the gym staff is the best I've ever experienced. The trainers especially Yuval are all so caring and motivate you to perform and really care for your wellbeing and general health. I'd reccomend the gym to anyone!! I am forever grateful to the whole staff for helping me every single day!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank moishedee
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
How wonderful to know, I do thank you.
Sydney
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I recently organised a group of around 70 people to stay at The David Citadel Hotel as part of a Bar Mitzvah trip that started in the Dead Sea and ended in Jerusalem. Our group stayed at the hotel for five nights and every one of the participants commented on what a wonderful and world class hotel it is. Its brilliant location right in the heart of the Mamilla precinct and a short walk to the old and new cities rendered it perfect for our requirements as we did a lot of touring and sampled many local restaurants and venues. Many of our guests are extremely well-travelled and are used to a very high standard of hotels around the world. The David Citadel was right up there with any five star international hotel in terms of service and facilities. From our original booking via the Groups Department to our actual stay there, every touch point was highly efficient, helpful and friendly. Lindy Ganon, the hotel's Groups Department Manager, went above and beyond to ensure that every request was taken care of quickly and thoroughly. She constantly checked on our group to ensure that everyone was happy. The Concierge department are all wonderful - so helpful and genuinely friendly and caring. Food and beverage outlets are all sensational. I will be returning to this hotel in October with another group and will continue to recommend it as an outstanding Jerusalem five star hotel.

Room Tip: If you can, try for a view of the Old City - just WOW!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IllySydney
It is a great joy and privilege for us to host wonderful family celebrations, and I’m delighted you so enjoyed yours; Lindy’s care and attention are exemplary of our service. Many thanks for your many compliments, they’re very rewarding.
Reviewed May 31, 2012

stayed in this hotel recently for a week, service was excellent u cant find such good service in any other jerusalem hotel, rooms are beautifull and very clean, staff is very accomodating and very helpfull, their included breakfast is amazing!!!!! whatever i needed from the hotel they did their best to help and accomodate they might be a lil pricer then another jerusalem hotel but my opinion is they are worth it best place around i will deff. come back here the next time im in jerusalem

Room Tip: if u need super good wifi coverage make sure u dont take a corner room, while they are great and nic...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yossiruby
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Kind thanks for your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been to Israel many times and have stayed at some lovely hotels (i.e. Inbal), but I loved this hotel most. The reason is simple: Everything I wanted I got: Good lighting, outlets that made sense, big, modern room with great work space, big/luxurious bathroom, big flat screen TV, soft towels, top of the line soap/shampoo/creams, stunning view of Jerusalem, beautiful pool and patio and the little things like chocolate on your pillow. Other things that set this hotel apart: When I ordered something from front desk, it came instantly. There was a gentleman who serviced our floor who was always available for fresh towels, more hand cream, extra blanket, etc. He was so kind and always seemed to be right outside our door waiting to help. The breakfast was fantastic (the egg man was a delight)! And served on a beautiful, shaded terrace with a magnificent view of the Old City. I was travelling with my very picky sister who only travels 5-star and even she couldn't find a bad thing to say about it. Moreover, the location is the best that I can think of - right across the street from the Mamila outdoor mall and steps to many outdoor restaurants and shops. Two minute walk to Jaffa Gate which takes you right into the Old City. I would definitely return to this hotel!!! And, thank you, Munir (very attentive hotel manager), for taking care of all of our needs!

Room Tip: Make sure you are higher up and have a view of the Old City.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Woodlandgirl
Your review is such a pleasure. I thank you for such detail and compliments, we’re proud to have earned them. Munir does indeed provide the excellent service we strive for and I’m happy you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

While staying at the hotel we went to breakfast in the dining room. A man, named Ata, came over and told us he would be our server. He was wonderful. He anticipated our needs, refilled coffee cups, brought things for us to try, was kind, friendly and a delight to be with. He made breakffast truly special. THe hotel staff, as a whole, was wonderful, but Ata was special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your warm words; we make every effort to be wonderful and are richly rewarded to know we’ve provided superb hospitality. Ata is indeed a valued member of our breakfast team, for he provides the service we believe our guests are entitled to.
Weston, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It's all shiny and modern representing the new Israel with every convenience and amenity you could want. Israeli breakfasts are noteworthy in general and the David Citadel's was by far the best of the 5 hotels we went to during our trip. The rooms are ultra modern, quiet and excellent temperature control, the beds extra comfortable. The hotel staff was very well trained and the location is superior in that it is very close to the old city and a huge shopping mall as well as transportation

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as there tends to be a bit of noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to providing many more superb experiences. Thanks for such detailed compliments, we do appreciate them.