“its the best hotel the food the service”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed April 24, 2012

this is the best hotel to stay in isreal its a great hotel the best in evry way

Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank moshe f
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Many thanks for such a great compliment! I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We paid an arm and leg for the family room. The room had a view to the parking lot. The room was not ready when we arrived. Desk was very rude and not helpful. I would discourage spending your money here because you will not get what you pay for.

Room Tip: You can pay even more to get a view of the old city but i do not think its worth it
1  Thank Sam U
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

I’m so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to provide superb hospitality and outstanding service, and I regret this was not your experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I am coming often to the David citadel hotel and I am always happy during my holidays
All the people are very nice and taking care of you for any request
I really appreciate the room service and especially ALeen who is taking your order on the phone she is very patient , very nice I feel that she is making her job with a lot of responsibility
I recommend you this hotel with a special mention to the room service

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

I thank you kindly for your warm words and your loyal business. I’m pleased you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and look forward to your next.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable. The concierge staff was unhelpful and rude. Overall, the service left less to be desired. The wait staff at breakfast was the only place where we found them to be helpful and couldn't do enough for us. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Old City were very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Evelyn L
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

I truly regret you did not enjoy our superb service continually, as is our priority. I’m happy you did enjoy the facility and I thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

It was absolutely fantastic! Thanks so much! I would definitely recommend The David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

So good to know - many thanks.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Our family of five took two connecting rooms with an old city view - the rooms were really pretty - stone, marble and wood. Both had balconies looking out on the Jaffa gate. Some reviewers mention noise but we had no problem with that - I guess the new city side has more traffic noise so if you are sensitive to noise don't book those rooms. It seemed there was always a staff person nearby with more towels, bottled water or whatever else we might need. Ask for the assistant front office manager - Mr. Arbid - if you need anything. He really took care of us.

The kids loved the pool, which is a real oasis after a day walking in the old city. As other reviewers have mentioned the breakfast is amazing - the most popular staff person for my kids was Yoram, the omelette maker. He knows his eggs and he has great rap. Can you find a better place to start your day in Jerusalem - on a sunny deck, overlooking the pool, with a view of the old city, and the wait staff bringing espresso drinks and hot chocolate for the kids?

When you are ready to leave for the old city, cross the street and walk up the outdoor mall right to Jaffa gate. Very easy, especially with kids.

On our last trip we stayed at the King David which is also a great hotel, but with an incredible history. I have to say that the David Citadel has better rooms, better service and better breakfast. I'll stay here again, I hope.

Room Tip: Old city view is best - quieter. Lobby is on third floor so and there's a wing with third floor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Manuel and Yoram are valued members of our team and I’m delighted they provided exactly the service we always strive for. You could give us no greater compliments than you have, and I thank you much. We too hope you stay here again and enjoy our superb hospitality.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Lovely splurge is the breakfast buffet at this hotel. I was not staying at the property but decided to enjoy a relaxing breakfast before a full day of walking. The food was excellent and only out shined by the service led by my waiter Ata Bayah and his team. Eat light the night before and this treat. Breakfast was 140 NIS.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Katrinajohnson

Breakfast is important, so it’s nice to hear we succeed in making it a special treat. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.