“ibrahim”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Our recent stay at the citadel was even better than we had ever imagined it would be. We were celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary and ibrahim, at the front desk, made our stay so special. he upgraded us to an Old City view room, which was gorgeous. There was a bottle of champagne in our room upon arrival. Two days later he sent us another bottle of champagne. he made us feel so comfortable. The room was very clean and comfortable. The pool area was delightful. The lobby was a great place to sit, relax and catch up with friends. The breakfast was delicious. I would absolutely stay here again next time I visit Jerusalem

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

How wonderful that you enjoyed your celebration so much! I look forward to your next visit to Jerusalem and The David Citadel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed January 15, 2012

I returned from Israel today. While in Jeruselum I stayed at the David Citadel Hotel. I was told this was a five star hotel, but it's not. It is close though. More on par with a high end JW Marriott than a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton.

The room was decent size, even large by European standards. The bathroom was also large with a separate shower. The bed and bedding is first rate as is the television. The location is a few minutes walk from Old Jeruselum and is located near fine restaurants and sight seeing. Overall I give this hotel high marks. The breakfast that was included in our rate was very good except on Saturday which is a religious day in Israel.

There were a few negatives. No ironing board or irons in the room. I ordered one the first day and it was delivered right away. The second time I ordered one I never got it. Too good of a hotel to not provide irons in each room. Also the Internet is very expensive. The hotel is advertised to business people and Internet at $20 per hour is just plain wrong. I would have rated the hotel higher if it provided these things.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review it in such detail. As most luxury hotels we do charge for Wifi, but it’s approximately $17 for 24 hrs. I regret the iron inconvenience, that certainly is unusual. I hope we have many more opportunities to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have stayed at The David Citadel quite a few times in the past year. I just returned from another wonderful 8 days. I was visiting my children attending schools in Jerusalem this year. As it happens, my daughter contracted a nasty flu. The staff brought up a thermometer and even stayed to convert the temp into farenheit for us. Manuel, the manager on duty was beyond accommodating. My daughter was still quite under the weather on the day that I was checking out. I opted to spend the $100.00, for a 6:00 pm checkout. When Manuel was made aware that my daughter was not feeling well, he warmly offered that I can check out as late as I need to and not to worry when 6:00 arrives. He did not stop there. I had taken my daughter to the doctor before my scheduled flight and from the doctors reaction, I felt that it was best that I remain with her for another night. Manuel graciously offered me our same room for the night and was very generous with the price. He is truly a gentlemen with an equal class about him. We will not forget his kindness. I had a chance to meet his senior, Munir. He seemed very nice as well. He has obviously done an outstanding job teaching the ropes to Manuel.
Unfortunately there are underlings that do not have Manuel's class. As mentioned above, we have been guests at the hotel often. My husband was there in October and had quite a few guests for Sabbat requiring an extra room. I was there for over a week from Jan. 2-10. I do think that although the hotel feels that because other Israeli hotels charge fir Internet use, that it entitles them to the same, I disagree. When you are paying many hundreds of dollars a night for a room, wifi should be included. If almost every cafe in Jerusalem can offer wifi, a hotel such as this should not be charging 65 shekel a day for Wifi. This was in addition to the fact that I paid a substantial amount of money to access the executive lounge. Believe it or not, there is no free wifi with that additional fee and access. It is a nice lounge with quite a nice choice of drinks and food, but the only wifi offered is on the computer available for your use. I did not have that many occasions to sample the fare in the lounge, and being that the charge of the lounge access includes 2 guests anytime, I sent two of my guests from the two rooms I had taken for Shabbat, on Saturday evening to grab a snack, my daughter being I'll required me to stay with her in the room. After the girls chose sone food, and were about to eat their snack, they were humiliated to hear the attendant telephone me within earshot of them and inform me that I will be charged an additional $40.00. When I raised the issue with the manager on duty that evening, he promptly reversed the charges, and even offered ne the lounge free of charge. A day later, when we popped into the lounge for a drink, the attendant informed us that we had no access to the lounge. I was also a bit dismayed to see that sone guests reported that they managed to get their wifi for free, when non-bargaining guests pay full price.
All in all, most of the employees at the front desk were a joy, especially Manuel.
Our room was clean, our bed was comfortable, and every evening we were asked if there was anything additional that we needed.
A kind and accommodating manager like Manuel is really what gives the David Citadel their edge over other local hotels. He even took care if having a lovely platter of chocolates and nuts delivered to a friends room for me when I was busy with a doctor visit fir my daughter. That is why my husband will be there again this weekend with my children and additional guests. And Manuel made sure to let me know that he will take excellent care of him. I have no doubt that he will!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms facing the old city are the larger rooms with a small terrace and lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for commending Manuel, who is a valued member of the Front Office team. You are absolutely right, it is caring and attentive hotel staff who make all the difference, and therefore we make that our priority.
The David Citadel like most luxury hotels, charges for Wifi, and bringing guests to the Executive Lounge also entails a fee, the Duty Manager was very accommodating to waive it.
We look forward to providing many more such enjoyable visits in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Munir Salman the front desk manager went out of his way to make me feel comfortable during my stay at the David Citadel hotel. he always was attentive to my needs and made sure that whatever I need would get done immediately. the hotel was always ready to help when I needed it and would always make sure to bring the towels and water when. The executive lounge is also a great plus and well worth the pay. I had at least 2 meals their a day and held several meetings. The food was excellent. All of my desires were met and it was an excellent stay overall.

• Stayed: January 2012

Many thanks for your praise and for commending Munir, who we know is an asset. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and felt just as we want you to – comfortable and well cared for. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Been to Israel many times and have stayed in fine hotels
This experience was superb and surpassed all previous visits.
Hotel is magnificent. Rooms available with terrace and view of The Old City! Rooms are modern with full amenities
Breakfasts are fantastic,Sabbath meals wonderful.
Location is fantastic.15 walk to Jewish Quarter and, the Kotel
Superb restaurants and .shopping nearby.
Most satisfying is the staff and service. Always friendly ,available, and helpful. A real plus!
Manuel in particular deserves a commendation
Be sure to ask for complementary Internet !!!

Room Tip: Ask for terrace with Old City View
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Your review is most gratifying. Thank you for commending Manuel, who we know is an asset, and thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the wonderful hospitality experience in the best tradition of the David Citadel.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Only the very bext vacation experience from the David Citadel. We arrived early, and the gave us the very first available room. It had a lovely view of the old city down to the Jaffa gate. The splendid concierge Daniel arranged all taxis for us, which meant we got non-exploitive drivers (beware! Jerusalem taxi drivers are perfectly capable of ripping you off - only take your concierge's recommendation if you want to avoid this). On the last day our flight was VERY late (11 p.m.) but the hotel let us have the room until 6.30 - no charge! WE also strolled up to the King David Hotel which is sombre, dark, and somewhat forbidding. The Citadel is suave, elegant and beautifully lit. The staff were helpful BEYOND compare. The hotel is also superbly placed - a few steps away is the Mamilla acade, and a gentle stroll down that is the old city and the Jaffa gate.

A great experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting your review and for complimenting Daniel, who is a valued member of our outstanding Concierge team. We do love to know our efforts show results. It’s good to know you enjoyed our hospitality and I’m delighted we were able to be so accommodating. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Modern hotel with extensive facilities and very comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: The higher floors have an excellent view of the Old City. Well managed and maintained pool. Large op...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends