“Great Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

One of the best hotels in Jerusalem!!! The staff is great and very helpful. The concierge staff are amazing and always with the right response to any request.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
geyal, E-Commerce Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
It’s heartwarming to know our efforts are well worth it. I’m delighted you enjoyed the hotel so much and would love to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were guests (family of 5) for 10 days this past August and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. Great location, superior service, friendly staff. Any nominal issue was addressed within moments. Having stayed at other Jerusalem hotels including The King David - The Citadel is our #1 choice for future trips.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I’m very appreciative of your praise, as we do strive to earn it. We take special care to ensure excellent and attentive service and are rewarded by your compliments. We’re proud to be your choice hotel in Jerusalem and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed there in aug 2011, on the whole I would say it was very good in a wonderful location. My only two concerns were 1) the pool area is small and on a couple of of occasions was hard to find beds. 2) my other objection was that the pool area was closed early in the day to accommodate a wedding - I did think this was a liberty and have spoken to others who have a similar experience.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I can certainly understand that closing the pool at 5pm can be inconvenient; on the rare occasion we do have poolside weddings, as most other hotels do.
I’m so happy that other than that you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for posing your review.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at the David Citadel. The staff was tremendous! From the moment I walked in I was greeted and made to feel exceptional. Whether it was Tarek at the front desk, Veronica and Ata at breakfast or Manuel the manager on duty, they all understood how to make a guest feel like a prince regardless of his station.

The only reason that I withheld the the Excellent rating was due to some maintenance items in the room that were reported and I am sure will be addressed.

Again let me say that regardless of any little items the PEOPLE who work at this fine hotel are what truly make it EXCEPTIONAL! I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Much love and respect.
R.F.S.I.J.H.M.$

Room Tip: The hotel layout is on a circle. Be aware that you may not have a sunny view if you are on the easte...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Saleem Ibn M
geyal, E-Commerce Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Your review is heartwarming. Many thanks for letting us know we succeed where it counts most – an attentive, caring and friendly staff.
I regret the maintenance issues and they certainly have been seen to.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Toronto
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We first stayed here when it was brand new and it was excellent, as was our 2nd stay 4 years ago, but this time was good but no longer great. For example, breakfast is still nice, but fewer choices are offered than before when it was outstanding eg fresh fruit more limited at a time of year when it was delicious and varied at all our other meals. Our room was cleaned promptly and thoroughly every day, but others in our group had problems. We had a fabulous waiter at breakfast, but some of the others did not seem to provide the same level of service.
We had wifi included, but that too was a constant hassle.
I went to the hairdresser at the hotel for a blowdry. The two stylists did an excellent job on the people before me, but then never asked what I wanted and did my hair in under 5 minutes, taking about 2 minutes more when I complained about the results. Other people in my group had the same experience.

• Stayed October 2011
I’m so sorry you were disappointed with your most recent stay. We would welcome the opportunity to provide and exceed the superb hospitality you've enjoyed here before.
los angeles
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and each time I have an amazing experience. The service is excellent. Housekeeping checks in and asks if we need anything. They are always accommodating, whatever our needs.
The breakfasts are delicious with a wonderful selection. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are always impeccable.
The staff remembers us from one visit to the next.
The location is right outside the old city and is the best location in Jerusalem!!
I will only stay here for all future trips!!

Room Tip: The best views are of the Old City or of the pool. The new city view is nothing special.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
We’re proud to be your choice hotel in Jerusalem and are happy to provide the superb hospitality you enjoy so much. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful visits.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have stayed at the David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem once before, for it is an elegant hotel and very well located in the center of Jerusalem very close to the Old City. The service is outstanding; any request to the front desk, concierge, or housekeeping is fulfilled immediately and with a wonderful attitude. The hotel was very busy, but that didn't stop the great service.
Breakfast is wonderful and plentiful!

Room Tip: Our deluxe room had an alcove and a walk-in closet and a large bathroom. Felt very spacious!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
I could not have custom ordered a more rewarding review; many thanks and please do grant us the pleasure of welcoming you back!