“Quality hotel in great location”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed there in aug 2011, on the whole I would say it was very good in a wonderful location. My only two concerns were 1) the pool area is small and on a couple of of occasions was hard to find beds. 2) my other objection was that the pool area was closed early in the day to accommodate a wedding - I did think this was a liberty and have spoken to others who have a similar experience.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
geyal, E-Commerce Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

I can certainly understand that closing the pool at 5pm can be inconvenient; on the rare occasion we do have poolside weddings, as most other hotels do.
I’m so happy that other than that you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for posing your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at the David Citadel. The staff was tremendous! From the moment I walked in I was greeted and made to feel exceptional. Whether it was Tarek at the front desk, Veronica and Ata at breakfast or Manuel the manager on duty, they all understood how to make a guest feel like a prince regardless of his station.

The only reason that I withheld the the Excellent rating was due to some maintenance items in the room that were reported and I am sure will be addressed.

Again let me say that regardless of any little items the PEOPLE who work at this fine hotel are what truly make it EXCEPTIONAL! I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Much love and respect.
R.F.S.I.J.H.M.$

Room Tip: The hotel layout is on a circle. Be aware that you may not have a sunny view if you are on the easte...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Saleem Ibn M
geyal, E-Commerce Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Your review is heartwarming. Many thanks for letting us know we succeed where it counts most – an attentive, caring and friendly staff.
I regret the maintenance issues and they certainly have been seen to.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We first stayed here when it was brand new and it was excellent, as was our 2nd stay 4 years ago, but this time was good but no longer great. For example, breakfast is still nice, but fewer choices are offered than before when it was outstanding eg fresh fruit more limited at a time of year when it was delicious and varied at all our other meals. Our room was cleaned promptly and thoroughly every day, but others in our group had problems. We had a fabulous waiter at breakfast, but some of the others did not seem to provide the same level of service.
We had wifi included, but that too was a constant hassle.
I went to the hairdresser at the hotel for a blowdry. The two stylists did an excellent job on the people before me, but then never asked what I wanted and did my hair in under 5 minutes, taking about 2 minutes more when I complained about the results. Other people in my group had the same experience.

• Stayed: October 2011

I’m so sorry you were disappointed with your most recent stay. We would welcome the opportunity to provide and exceed the superb hospitality you've enjoyed here before.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and each time I have an amazing experience. The service is excellent. Housekeeping checks in and asks if we need anything. They are always accommodating, whatever our needs.
The breakfasts are delicious with a wonderful selection. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are always impeccable.
The staff remembers us from one visit to the next.
The location is right outside the old city and is the best location in Jerusalem!!
I will only stay here for all future trips!!

Room Tip: The best views are of the Old City or of the pool. The new city view is nothing special.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
AYLB, Guest Relations Manager at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

We’re proud to be your choice hotel in Jerusalem and are happy to provide the superb hospitality you enjoy so much. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful visits.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have stayed at the David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem once before, for it is an elegant hotel and very well located in the center of Jerusalem very close to the Old City. The service is outstanding; any request to the front desk, concierge, or housekeeping is fulfilled immediately and with a wonderful attitude. The hotel was very busy, but that didn't stop the great service.
Breakfast is wonderful and plentiful!

Room Tip: Our deluxe room had an alcove and a walk-in closet and a large bathroom. Felt very spacious!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

I could not have custom ordered a more rewarding review; many thanks and please do grant us the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed at the Citadel Nov. 11- 13. It's our 3rd time in this hotel for a Shabbos in Jerusalem. The hotel is really magnificent and beautiful. We ate there both Shabbos meals at an additional cost of $200 per person so I was shocked that they don't give anything to drink during the meals. I ordered 2 small bottles of coke for which I was charged $4.00 US each, and also check the expiry dates on the mini grape juice bottles that they give you for Kiddush. Our bottle had expired 3 months ago.
the view to the old city is very good, the person who makes the eggs for breakfast does a great job with a constant smile. He did complain one day that he needs to stand out in the cold even when most people eat inside on the cold days.
the biggest complaint I have is that a room with a nightly rate of $675 a night should come with FREE WiFi.
Parking was great even though it cost extra and the people working at the counter were great.
Just one small thing to take into consideration. We are a shomer shabbat couple and we left on 1 light to be able to see in the room Friday night, but when we came back after the meal we saw that the maid that opens up the bed cover closed all the lights in the room and we could't see a darn thing.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the old city or else you'll be starring at the construction of the...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank realtyagent

I’m so happy you enjoyed your weekends with us and your detailed comments are much appreciated. I am sorry we seem to have mistakenly provided expired grape juice, we will take better care. Regarding lights in your room on Shabbat – talk to us on your next visit; we’re quite accustomed to accommodating these needs. As for the Wi-Fi charge, most Israel luxury hotels do indeed charge for Wi-Fi use, so while I can understand your frustration, you should be aware this is common practice.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We enjoyed staying here for three nights. It is in a great location to walk to the old city and the outdoor shopping mall. Rooms are "western" style with clean and modern decor. The hotel is very contemporary and updated as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again.