“My new family”
Review of Alcazar Hotel

Alcazar Hotel
Ranked #81 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I had a wonderful time in Jerusalem thanks to my new family at Alcazar Hotel. The team really took care of me and catered to my every need. The hotel had the charm and character I like in a very respectable 2 star hotel. The location over looking the Mt of Olives just adds more luster to a gem of a budget hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank vagrantbeggar

Reviewed February 4, 2010

The alcazar hotel, although simple, is ideal in every way. And the service, hospitality and attention to detail on the part of the staff as a whole is second to none.
I would fully recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.
And the humus at breakfast is good here too!

1  Thank ibnuassabil
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We arrived very late and was a little bit hard to find the place, looks like the taxi never had hear about the Hotel or he wanted to make some extra money. The owners were waiting for us with an amazing soup, the perfect dinner after 12 hours traveling! The hotel was confortable and clean, the breakfast was really nice. I just can say that we really enjoyed our stay at this place and we would like to come back soon. Many thanks!
Janet

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lunablau
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The owners of Alcazar could not have been more helpful or welcoming. They brought us fruit platters at night, cookies, tea, and gave us helpful insight to navigate our way around the city; we even got a lift when the owner was headed our way.

The value was excellent especially by comparison with what is around the area. Alcazar gets my vote.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank killercaribou
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Originally booked for one week in December but then decided to stay for a second week.Very friendly helpful staff. Nothing too much trouble. Clean although decor a bit tired. Breakfast really good - drinks available 24 hours. 15 minutes walk to Old City. Great value for something near to the Old City. Would definitely recommend it. Added bonus was free wi-fi.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UkTricia
Reviewed January 6, 2010

If you are looking for luxury do not stay here. The Alcazar is however excellent value for money in a city where hotel accommodation can be very expensive. The rooms are very basic but are very clean and feature TV with individual bathrooms. I never had any issues with hot water, which can some times happen in cheaper hotels.

The service I received at this hotel was outstanding! I had two lots of washing done during my week long stay and it cost very little. In addition the breakfast was more than adequate. Furthermore the staff were so obliging they let me charge my IPOD on the office computer (try doing that in a 5 star hotel)!!!.

This hotel is for the traveller on a budget who is looking for value for money.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank AllanCanberra
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Friendly staff, good size room, cheap BUT
1. for some reason staff felt inspired to pipe 'elevator' music through the PA all night both nights of our stay
2. Staff were yelling (yes yelling) in arabic from 6.30am both mornings - seems they were trying to get a group organised - Not appreciated
3. Too far from the old city & difficult to find. About a 15 - 20 minute walk through a fairly rough part of town. We walked back the first night, took a taxi the next. Much better to stay closer to the old city
4. Very few food options near by