“A Few Days in Bakah”

A Little House in Bakah
Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were visiting Jerusalem for a few days with our daughter who is spending a year in Israel. We stayed in a family room. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. We brought in a Shabbat Dinner and we had hot plates for warming and thus had a very enjoyable dinner with a few of her friends. That room is under renovation and even with that it was very comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Shalom Jerri, and thank you for taking the time to review us :-) It was a pleasure to have you and your family in our hotel, and we hope to see again when you come to visit your daughter.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My stay at A Little House in Bakah was the best decision I made concerning my first time in Israel. I really had the time of my life this January 2014. The hotel is in a great location, minutes away from awesome restaurants, shopping and great sights. The staff is extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and ALWAYS going beyond to assist in every which way possible. It is so refreshing to have such a friendly staff such as Avi, Abigail, Adva and the rest on board to help at all times. I not only had a wonderful time but I recommend this hotel over and over again on every level, cost, availability, comfort, warmth and assistance. Because of their pleasant treatment, I have fallen in love with Israel that I plan to go every year. Did I mention the free breakfast they provide at Polly's Restaurant is so healthy and so much it fills you up all day. The staff at the restaurant Adam and Mia give exquisite service. They also have incredible tours from the hotel some free and others you have to pay reasonably in and around Israel. There are local buses minutes away from the hotel, taxis available to get you to different destinations. My room was extremely comfortable, I tell you it felt like a home away from home. Thank you very much A Little House in Bakah for a Magnificent and an Astonishing Experience. See you next year, Sincerely Monica

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Monica01139
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Monica, I am grateful for your beautiful words about your stay with us. It was a true pleasure to assist you on your first encounter with Israel, and all of the hotel staff were more that happy to take part in this unique experience. I hope you will indeed be able ot return for another visit shortly, because there is still so much more to see!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at this lovely little hotel for a couple of nights with my wife .
The room was nice , no pampering but had all the things one needs for a pleasant stay.
What i really liked was the family feeling this place has, as soon as you enter you see a sign "welcome home" and that is indeed the feeling you get from the people there.
The reception was always available to our questions and gave excellent advice with a smile.
Somehow they find out it was my birthday and the staff put some balloons, chocolate and wine in my room, that was a nice surprise.
If you are looking for a home away from home this is the place.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and take the regular rooms (not the economy) , it's worth the difference.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Shalom David, and congratulations! We were delighted to take part in your birthday celebrations, and it is wonderful to see that we managed to make the day extra-special :-) We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Location, room, hospitability are all excellent. This is not an "hotel", is not a large facility - yet it's a cozy quiet little juel in the heart of the very nice old quarter of Bakaa (Geulim). Within 5 to 10 minutes walk to coffee shops and restaurants. An Italian dairy restaurant in the house, where a very nice breakfast is served.

Room Tip: Basic for youngsters, others for adults
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hello Meir, we are grateful for your kind and detailed review. It is always wonderful to hear that we managed to make your stay a pleasant experience :-) We hope you will visit us again soon!
-Adva Tal-Or Emori, Reception Management

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The room was clean, tidy, with extra blankets and the required and expected amenities. The bathroom was on the small side.

The WiFi was very good and free, which was a pleasant surprise, with tea and coffee available upstairs.

Overall the hotel and the rooms were what you'd expect for the price but the staff and their flexibility was what made the place stand out - as it was quiet they allowed me to change one of the dates I was staying (last minute), responded to my emails promptly and also allowed me to check out an hour late to accommodate my flight time. When I arrived they were giving plenty of information on buses etc to the person checking in before me providing a very nice map!

They provide a fantastic breakfast in the restaurant next door, the staff were great and the atmosphere lovely.

Location was perfect for me as my friends live in the Bakah /Katamon area and the hotel is situated between two main streets (Emek Refaim - perfect for food!) and Derek Bet Lechem - both of which have regular buses into useful areas of Jerusalem.

For someone looking for good value and basic accommodation with very helpful staff - this is the place to go. I'd stay here everytime.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Shalom Brighde,
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accommodations! We do our best to be flexible for our guests when needs be, and it is good to know we helped you out :-)
We understand that you were less pleased with your room, since it was an economy room - by definition, it is smaller and situated in a less attractive part of the hotel. We recommend trying our regular single rooms the next time you stop by; we are sure you will enjoy them much more.
-Adva Tal-Or Emori, Reception Management

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Little House in Bakah is great value - it is not a 'fancy' or 'upscale' hotel, but it is very clean, and was a great choice for my family - we stayed in a family suite - two bedrooms and one bathroom for six nights in December. While the bathroom was a little small, the suite itself was a great set up for my family (wife and two teenage children). While they don't offer a typical 'Israeli breakfast buffet,' the breakfast choices were fine and had enough variety for my entire family - everything from eggs to Shakshukah to Israeli salad. Great location - about a 10 minute walk to Emek Rafaim and German Colony, and about a 1/2 hour walk to the Old City.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
OdedNiv, Front Office Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Shalom Jonathan,
Thank you for your flattering review! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed our family unit; it is true that the bathroom us a bit small, but as you've mentioned, we make up for it with the size and comfort of the unit itself.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My room was very small, but felt homey. Breakfasts at the Restaurant Polly next door are a lovely change from the normal Israeli hotel buffet, they cook your breakfast to order. There are very nice cafe's and restaurants on Derek Beit Lechem, but this is a residential neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bethsun
OdedNiv, Front Office Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Hi Beth, Thank you for your kind review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfasts; we will be happy to pass your compliments to Polly Restaurant as well :-)