“great place to visit jerusalem”

A Little House in Bakah
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
haifa
“great place to visit jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This "little house" is so "big house" !!! the stuff is very kind, it placed near the center of the city, no parking problems, the rooms are very clean, kind and comfortable. the style of the rooms is old but it gives you relax filling.
we plan to go there again and again!

Room Tip: try not to take the economy rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aharon s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Little House in Baka, and thought the place was very nice. My room was on the first floor, which meant no hauling luggage upstairs (no elevator) - a huge plus. The room itself was very adequate - large enough for 1, but probably a bit cramped for 2. The bathroom was quite large, clean, and well supplied, though only 1 bath towel and hand towel were provided. The bed was comfy, and though the outside temps were hot, I was comfortable with just the open window. The breakfast at Polly's (adjacent to hotel) was quite tasty, though I couldn't help overhearing other guests complaining about egg dishes (I had the delicious granola and fruit). The front desk staff were all very polite and helpful, providing bus directions and restaurant recommendations. I was able to store my luggage on the day I left, and wash up in a restroom downstairs. My only complaint was that this downstairs restroom, while clean, wasn't in the best shape. Still, it met my needs, and I'd definitely recommend Little House for people looking for a budget-friendly, people-friendly place to stay, though it is a bit off the beaten track for those wanting to be close to the action in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entry level so you don't have to carry luggage up or down, though the staf...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Debbie R
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a few days in Jerusalem. I was there to attend a wedding. As always, I stayed at A Little House in Bakah. I had my usual room, Plum 3 on the Lower Ground Floor. I was very happy and comfortable in my room. The addition of the two larger pillows was very welcome, making the bed extremely comfortable. Everyone was very helpful, courteous and welcoming. My room was very well cared for. The dining room staff were friendly and helpful. I have no complaints and am always happy to return to A Little House in Bakah, my home in Jerusalem!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Fellwalker60
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We got to the hotel the day after our wedding exhausted and the service was just amazing. The staff at the front desk were so kind,accommodating and pleasant. The room exceeded our expectations! No complaints!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Risi A
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight as it was the perfect location for us. We took the economy room since we weren't planing on spending much time there. Just as we'll as it is quite small and dark with very minimal interior. All that would have been forgiven gad the double bed not been extremely uncomfortable, with springs felt every ten centimeters. Woke up with a backache. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant next door was very good and helped the situation a bit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Plsugarman
OdedNiv, Manager at A Little House in Bakah, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your response.
Our economy rooms are on lower ground floor as indicated on all web sites and are economy just for that reason.
We strongly reccomend our regular renovated rooms that are much nicer (High ceilings, arched windows etc) and not much more expensive.
Haifa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a lovely small hotel. Rooms are clean. The breakfast was really good. The WiFi was a little iffy but that's ok. The hotel is pretty central to the Old City & the Emek Harafaim section. There are buses & taxis right out front. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb_Haifa
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our family has stayed at Little House since 2001 and we go to Israel on a yearly basis. Little House has always gone the extra mile to accommodate our needs, it is centrally located, excellent bang for the buck. I like it better than some more "upscale" hotels I have stayed in because of the consistent quality and customer service.

Room Tip: Little House has no pool or fitness center but if you are a runner, this is my favorite route of all...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family