“nice hotel a bit expensive”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #86 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed March 30, 2014

it is a very nice hotel, room are very clean, food is great but in my opinion the price is a bit expensive. we came to Jerusalem for two days and we decided to stay there. i will come again only if the prices will go down.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. Very clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful. It was next the central bus station, oposite the tram to Old city. The service is perfect in the Dining-room. The food was very tasty and plantyfull. we will back again in my next trip.... Thank you :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We choose this hotel because of the price. It was next the central bus station, oposite the tram to Old city. The ticket costs 6,50NIS. The room was clean, spacious, nice bathroom. We had also TV and fridge. We got one drink free every evening in the lobby bar. But we got a plactic cup. It is not usually in hotel with 4stars. Stuff was very formal and a little bit cold, but they told us everything what we needed. Moreover, we could leave bagage in hotel and it was free. The negative was that wifi is not free.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I enjoy very much this hotel.
The service is perfect, the rooms are clean and comfortable.
The food was very tasty and plantyfull.
The hotel in total is 100% for me.
I will order this hothel in the future.

Room Tip: Trust the local stuff and ask them for advice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stay there on the 2/3 they smoke In the hotel Rooms old 2 single bed if u like to sleep on large bed you need to pay for it noise in the corridor
I will say in one word don't stay there waste of time if u book in u own currency no god all in US dollar

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Zvika C
Reviewed March 3, 2014

hello, I stayed at this hotel three months ago. They had awful customer service and the breakfast was terrible. We had a problem with our bathroom in the middle of the night and it wasnt working and they told us we had to deal with it ourselves. No one was willing to help. Then we even talked to the owner who told us she was "so sorry" she would send us a fruit basket, which she never did. Then we paid for a parking space and when we got back to the hotel there was no parking so they told us to go find parking.... seriously what kind of customer service is that. Then at the end they took 60$ off the charge except didnt change it on the bank account and now they are lying about it. Dont stay here its a rip off

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank samc367
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I must preface this with the fact that when I stayed at the Jerusalem Gold hotel I was staffing a trip of 40 students to Israel, and was responsible not only for my issues but theirs too. I also want to add that the customer service we've come to expect from hotels isn't always the standard everywhere in the world. That said here's what happened ...

The food was mediocre, and believe me when your in Israel and the quality of food is so great everywhere else you notice.

Customer Service was very poor. On more then one occasion we had issues with the participants' rooms - doors were broken, doors would jam and not open, and there was no heat or hot water in some rooms. Since its a group trip in some rooms we had 3 participants and they lacked an extra blanket (and yes it gets cold at night in Jerusalem during the winter so this is important). The participants tried calling the front desk on various occasions, and so did I - and when we did we were told that the issues were already resolved or would be shortly. However, they were not, and at the end of the day nothing was done to remedy the situations. I understand staff is limited and they've got to deal with 20 occupied rooms by my group alone - but that comes with the territory of running a hotel. More importantly the staff was rude, and they showed virtually no interest in resolving anything.

While the rooms themselves were nice, simple and clean -- the rest of the little mishaps left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I guess its also a different situation - if your there as a family, or a couple or a very small group maybe they'd be more inclined to help, i don't know.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends