“Jerusalem Gold Hotel. Jerusalem”

Jerusalem Gold Hotel
Ranked #80 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Jerusalem Gold Hotel. Jerusalem”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Fairly centrally located. No porter service service so one has to carry their bags to their rooms when checking in and back down again when checking out. Big minus point especially when one is tired from travelling all day. Got to the room to find the air conditioning was not working. When we informed the desk we were told that the air conditioning is switched off on the 1st. of November as it is is winter time. They suggested we open a window!! We tried that and were kept awake by the noise of trams, buses and traffic from the street below. It also did not help much in cooling down the room. We finally had to use ear plugs to sleep - a long, long time since I have done that. I found the hotel staff to be most unhelpful bordering on surly. Basically a couldn't care less attitude. The elevators were also not sufficient or fast enough to handle the number of guests. It could take up to 15 minutes to travel from your room to the lobby or vice versa. In fact one of the group almost missed the bus because of the lifts. Food was O.K. Nothing to write home about. Mostly bland and uninteresting. Breakfast was marginally better. Cannot comment on fitness centre or spa as I did not use either of them. Definitely not a hotel I would go back to or recommend. A forgettable experience.

Room Tip: Do not take a room overlooking the road. You will have sleepless nights. I can guarantee you that.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gypsyking1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ra'anana, Israel
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were to spend one night in Jerusalem with my daughter and her 4 small children. She recommended we take this hotel, in spite of the somewhat negative reviews.We arrive at about 1500 and after an efficient check-in were given the keys to my daughters 2 rooms, inter-leading, and our room, which they upgraded to a suite!
We went to see our suite, consisted of an entrance into a lounge, with couch, converted into a bed for one of the grandchildren, a separate double room and small kitchenette with kettle, and provisions for tea and coffee, and a small efficient refrigerator.
Our family's 2 inter-leading consisted of 2 double rooms,each with a bathroom and an additional cot for the baby.
The rooms are not large, but sufficient and comfortable each with cable T.V and refrigerator The bathrooms are ample, consisting of bath with shower, sink and ample room for the usual toiletries.The bathroom is equipped with soap, shampoo and gel.
The location of the hotel is good with supermarkets and malls and restaurants in the vicinity, for those that may wish to buy something, and is situated next to the Central Bus Station, so easy to get around, and on the Light Rail network as well.
Parking is readily available with at least 3 parking garages next to or very near the hotel.
Since the hotel is situated next to the bus station, there is a certain amount of noise from there, as well as early in the morning, but ear plugs did the job of hiding the noise.
The hotel was full of groups, and on their arrival the elevators were in heavy demand with a wait to get in, but once the groups were organised the situation returned to normal.

Room Tip: We always request high floor, not near elevators, and on the quiet side, no smoking. This hotel is e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GordonBloch
carlisle
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is brilliant, above 2 excellent shopping malls, next door to super side-street local market, adjacent to wonderful tram stop on single easy line into Jaffa Gate or Jaffa Center (both good for evenings).
Otherwise, the main good points were the owner and the fron desk manager who were both exceedingly helpful in calling taxis and sorting external minor issues.
After that, its all rather odd, poor or very disappointing.
Food service is one of the most limited at the price level (we've stayed in about 7 different hotels on similar trips); room cleaning desperately needs a new training session... towels not replaced, bed not made )other than top just pulled over), supplies not replenished even after two requests, no hair dryer or iron in room (communal iron is stuffed into a corner of an managers office!).
If you can get good price, I'd say its OK.
No feather pillows, either!

Room Tip: The '4th' floor is actually only one level above reception, so you can skip the lift and do...
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I spent four nights at the Jerusalem Gold Hotel and it was a disappointing experience. My room was not clean and the decor of the room was tired (including stained lampshades). A number of people in our group had problems with towels/wash cloths not being left in their rooms. The elevators were not adequate to serve the number of guests and, as a result, there were long waits at the elevator. The alternative was taking the stairs (the stairwells were not particularly clean) - this, however, revealed fire code issues with mattresses and other items being stored in the stairwells.

The meals were good, but there were issues in both the dining room and bar with dishes not
being clean. One of the two computers available in the lobby was never working during our stay. There was no evidence of environmental initiatives being in place.

2 Thank TFRf

Travelers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I came to Jerusalem for a spiritual break with family.
We arrived in a hotel far from city center but well deserved (excepted on friday and saturday).
Did not slept at all as groups of young people drunk making noise on each floor. Security totally useless obliged the client to call the Police.
No support at all from direction when asked, but only arrogance and incompetence.
Dirty floors and room not cleaned. bathroom very dirty and shower broken.
So many details that makes that I would have prefer to sleep in a car rather than in this fake "4 stars" hotel.

Room Tip: Do not go in this hotel. If still you want to go, and you are in 3 in a room, please know that the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank axel d
London
Reviewed November 6, 2012

If your thinking of staying at this hotel then I hope my comments will be helpful to you.. I just returned from there (October 2012), having stayed for 5 nights and can generally say it is a nice hotel, but in need of a face lift as the decor and furniture seemed dated and tired looking. My room was comfortable - they made the beds, emptied the bins and changed the towels everyday, but I found the towels they replaced were stained from previous guests using them so wasn't sure if they were clean for me to use on occasions. There was no hairdryer in the room so you had to ask for one at the reception. I was too scared to open the window in case I couldn't close it again at night as they had stuffed some sort of foam in between the frame to jamb it shut. The curtain was half hanging off the rail so was awkward to pull/close in the evening (I left it for the staff to do in the end). The side lamps, furniture and upholstery was old and worn out with lots of stains to the carperting. The place looks like it's due for a refurb if you ask me. When I arrived on the first night the shower didn't work, the television wasn't working and the safe was broken. I reported it straightaway and was told someone would pop up in 10mins, however it took 3 more calls and a visit to the reception desk at 11pm to get it sorted as was fed up of waiting all evening and just wanted to go to bed. On the plus side, the food in the restaurant was very good most evenings, (even on Shabbat), and there was plenty of variety to choose from at breakfast. I think if your planning on travelling through and only staying for a short while, ie. 2/3 nights in Jerusalem then this hotel is okay but not for a long trip or holiday as you'd want a little bit more than just the basic accommodation, plus there's no pool or spa if you wanted to relax after a long hot day walking around the city. On the last night there was a huge crowd at reception as guests were returning their hairdryers or settling their bills - they tried to overcharge me for six nights and I had to insist I had only been staying with them for five (very disappointing). Overall I think the staff were courteous and polite considering the amount of complaints they were getting from guests but I think they could all do with a refresher course on customer care as well.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on lower floors overlooking the main road and tram line as the noise will keep you awake...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adry22
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2012

After a long day of travel, we arrived at 5:30pm. The lobby was full of another tour group waiting for their rooms, so many of us had no place to sit. They had arrived at 5:15pm. The story we were given was that it was a Moslem holiday, all the help is Moslem, so no one showed up for work. Now, it WAS a 2-day Moslem holiday, but if you run a large business with a Moslem staff, don't you know this ahead of time and make alternative arrangements??? Supposedly, some "volunteers" came to clean the rooms. About 5:45pm the first group was given free beer and wine for their inconvenience. About 6pm another tour group arrived. The lobby was now full with around 100 people. The apparent person in charge, Ariella, kept telling everyone the rooms would be ready soon. None of the rest of us were ever given beer or wine, and when someone asked, Ariella said "no." Suddenly, everyone on floor 9 had their rooms ready. There was a long line for the two very small and very slow elevators. We never got to our room until after 7pm, and we heard some went as late as 9pm.

The room was adequate but there was no stopper in the wash basin and the refrigerator did not work. The following day when housekeeping changed the towels, they did not leave face cloths. We stayed here 4 nights, and twice we received no face cloths. The worst part, for me, was that on 2 nights they apparently did not make the bed properly, the bottom sheet and matress cover came off, and I found myself in the morning on the bare matress. This was not appreciated at all. The other 2 nights were fine. I have no clue what they did or didn't do, but there was definitely something not done correctly when they put the bottom sheet on.

Several of us tried to use the computer in the lobby but everyone in our group was always told it was "broken." It was noted on two occasions, however, that a couple of people of another ethnic group were able to get on the internet. Was it broken only for Westerners???

The food at breakfast and dinner was fine, but we noticed that we didn't have as many selections as we had at two previous hotels. This cannot possibly be a 4-star hotel. I'd give it a 2 at best, and I'm being kind.

1 Thank lobstaluva