“Wonderful place and centrally located.”

Dan Panorama Jerusalem
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed August 23, 2010

nice service, brilliant atmosphere , hope the new spa wiil be built soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 22, 2010

location is excellent, outside the building is very nice.

Lobby - disgusting.....old dirty sofas....is not cozy, it is disgusting.

room - outdated- old - dirty rugs, small, I felt I was trapped in a cage.......

bathroom - horrible and cheap looking, .bathtop was pealing.....

service - very friendly staff

they gave us tickets to visit DANYLAND (for the kids) on the second floor to get a free snack....please avoid that trip....scary hallway....horrilbe feeling please don't bother taking your kids.

I booked four nights and i had to leave because we old got depressed and ruined our vacations.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Dear valued guest,
Your response is highly appreciated as it helps us continuously improve our services.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words regarding the location of the hotel as well as our staff. and that we do our best to provide the best service possible.
Unfortunately you saw Dan Panorama just before we finished our major Lobby replacement. Work continued and today our facilities are completely renovated with new lobby and dining room.
We are sure that you will notice the transformation, complete new furniture and modern style on your next stay with us..
The Management

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Positives: Walking distance to the Old City and other sites in Jerusalem, able to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children in a single room, reasonably priced in comparison to other hotels, helpful staff, nice breakfast buffet, roof-top pool.

Negatives: Walls were thin - we could hear our neighbors' kids; the a/c sounded like a jet plane taking off, the pull-out couch was a bit uncomfortable; refrigerator kept things only moderately cold.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was on a business trip for two weeks so the Dan became my home away from home. Although my colleagues and I had to deal with lobby renovation, busloads of tourists, and a cafeteria like dining hall reminiscent of college, we found the staff to be pleasant and efficient.
The hotel room was small but very clean. We would strongly suggest upgrading to a 'Clubroom' in order to have the benefit of the Carmel Lounge and it's wonderful concierge, Ibrahim, who, more than anyone else, made our stay in Jerusalem a wonderful experience.
The Carmel Lounge became our living room with pleasant company, internet access, delicious hot dishes, wine and beverages.
Marcel Salomon, head of Guest Relations, was a real gentleman who made every effort to ensure our stay was comfortable.
If you can deal with the intermittent tourist crowds you will find the Dan Panorama Jerusalem a real value.
We're anxious to return to see our new friends and the new lobby!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have been staying at your hotel since mid June 2010, its been a pleasure to get to know Ibrahim at the Carmel lounge. He is very acomodating and very pleasant, without him the lounge would not be what it is today. I look forward to seeing him after I return from work.

Also I want to mention Marcel, the guest relation person. He makes my day when I see him at the hotel with his bright smile and good humor.

Isam from the front desk has also been a wondurful individual. His morning greetings and his prompt assistance has made me feel at home.

Khamis at the restaurant is another valuable person in your hotel. His service is fantastic and always looking to please.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Even if you read no more, you should know the internet service (which costs extra) is only for ONE wireless device. So if you have two laptops and a cellphone, you'll need to purchase THREE separate subscriptions!

Moving on... I had a terrible time in this hotel, which is listed as having 4 stars. While on business trip, I stayed in the hotel for 8 consecutive nights in October 2009. Every night other guests were having room parties and leaving their doors open for people to walk in. Every night I asked the guests to shut their doors, and 5 min later they were open again. The hotel security was not amenable to asking the guests to keep their doors shut after my first complaint. So much for a good night's sleep. While the laundry and room service were very good, the breakfast buffet service in the main restaurant was appalling. Dishes are cleared between customers, but stained tablecloths and silverware are only replaced sporadically. One morning I arrived at a recently vacated table and asked for a spoon; the waiter literally threw a spoon in the general direction of my table (fortunately it landed on the table). Another morning I needed to leave the hotel 10 min after breakfast service was open, and I was asked to wait to enter the restaurant even after it was supposed to be open. I am generally an easy-going traveler, but these are just a few of many incidents that left a bad impression about the Dan Panorama Hotel in Jerusalem. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to a business colleague or friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank busy_traveler28

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in our hotel and the kind words regarding the laundry and room service.
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and you most probably were aware of the remodeling going on in the original dining room and lobby.
The renovations are now completed and we are proud to have an up to date facility for the benefit of our guests and hope you will give us another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at the Dan for 2 nights to visit Jerusalem.
It is walking distance (about 15 min walk) to the old city and just next to the King David.
Hotel was nice, the rooms are spacious and clean although they are getting a bit old.
The pool was great and very appeciated by our children.
The breakfast was very nice and they even had gluten-free bread for us.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family